Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Premium Audio vs. S "Ultra High Fidelity Sound"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UnknownSoldier

Unknown Member
Apr 17, 2017
Earth
Question for anyone who has listened to both the current 3's "Premium Audio" and the S's UHFS ("Ultra High Fidelity Sound"), how do they compare? The S has an interesting speaker layout where the whole front of the cabin gets speakers, you can see them in the front dash panel and in the base of the A-pillars. Does the 3 have a similar layout in the front of the cabin? How do they compare in terms of sound? Thanks!

I think the "free" Slacker audio sounds compressed, especially when compared to some local radio stations. Not surprising, as virtually all streaming audio sites compress the signal to various degrees.

Sure enough, the Slacker web site lists two levels of "Premium" account, each listing incrementally better audio quality.

Question for all - has anyone compared the supposedly improved sound available through a Premium Slacker account and heard any difference? I like free, but if the sound was appreciably better I would consider buying a premium subscription.

Hi all,

I have a Tesla M3 Performance (purchase) and a BMW 530e, and the lease is expiring on that soon, and it has a couple of speaker upgrades I had done last year before I bought my Model 3.

I was wondering if the two Match speaker sets linked below will replace the TM3 front door and dashboard speakers. I spoke with my audio guy, he said that the Match woofers below will NOT replace the front door 8” subwoofers. Not sure why!!

MATCH Under-seat 8" Subwoofers:
MATCH MW 8BMW-D Package Two 8" shallow-mount component subwoofers — designed to fit select BMW vehicles with under-seat subs at Crutchfield

MATCH 4" Front Door Mid-Range Speakers and 1" Dome Tweeters:
MATCH MS 42C-BMW.2 2-way component speaker system designed for select BMWs at Crutchfield

Thanks