Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3% price hike delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not surprised. Maybe I ordered at the wrong time but this experience hasn’t been great. No one knows what is going on in with this company. Hardly assuring when buying a car. I gotten better service when I bought a Honda Civic than this.

Last minute orders hopefully doesn’t mean less importance given to those that might not be the most popular configuration. Somehow I know this is likely to happen.

I’m not surprised. Maybe I ordered at the wrong time but this experience hasn’t been great. No one knows what is going on in with this company. Hardly assuring when buying a car. I gotten better service when I bought a Honda Civic than this.

Last minute orders hopefully doesn’t mean less importance given to those that might not be the most popular configuration. Somehow I know this is likely to happen.

Agreed it's chaotic for everyone, including the folks working for Tesla. I felt bad for the people working at the Tesla store when I went into chat with them just after they announced the stores closing and then the announcement it wasn't happening. It's incredibly poor communication and organization, so I hope they're able to be a little more predictable in the future. I'm voting with my dollars and buying one though, so I guess that means I'm confident things will get better.

Sure, because delaying a cost increase to one's customers is really a bad sign ....

WHAT?

Delaying a price increase isn't the problem. It's the constantly changing direction, lack of communication or poor communication, pricing changing up and down, lack of clarity around what's what, options changing, whole models disappearing (LEMR) without notification, etc. It's been a very poor customer experience in general, but that's part of the process going with a disruptor over traditional company.

They do really need someone in charge of messaging to stop the uncertainty before things go out the door.

Elon's drive at the expense of staff relations/publicity reminds me a bit of Walt Disney (and the mess he got in with that big strike). It was only the hard work of his brother Roy that kept things generally stable.