TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

3 prong dryer (NEMA 10-30) to Tesla NEMA 14-50 AC adapter - $40

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by yngwiescruggs, Jul 3, 2018.

1. yngwiescruggs

yngwiescruggs Member

2. angeldr

angeldr Member

Hey there I’m in Chandler too and figuring out what will be the best way to charge my Tesla. Might be interested in the cord, but really more interested in what you are doing to charge yours.

3. yngwiescruggs

yngwiescruggs Member

I bought a splitter so I can keep that and the dryer plugged in. For quite a while we were able to just use a standard outlet to charge and would only switch over to the dryer plug like once a month, but then we started driving a bit more.

4. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Why would anyone pay $40 for an after-market conversion that requires one to manually limit the charge rate, when the Tesla store sells a Gen 1 10-30 adapter for $45 that automatically sets charge rate to a safe 24 amp limit; or a Gen 2 adapter for $35?

5. yngwiescruggs

yngwiescruggs Member

I hadn't noticed the price on the adapters from Tesla was $45. I'll reduce the price to $30 in light of the pricing from Tesla. I think the pricing from Tesla had been higher when I purchased, as I looked there at the time as well and selected the product off amazon. I'm not the only person to have done that.

The user has to set the charge rate a single time and it remembers the limit based on location, so it isn't a big deal. I mentioned it in the ad itself for the sake of full disclosure. If someone actually wants it let me know.