Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 prong dryer (NEMA 10-30) to Tesla NEMA 14-50 AC adapter - $40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a splitter so I can keep that and the dryer plugged in. For quite a while we were able to just use a standard outlet to charge and would only switch over to the dryer plug like once a month, but then we started driving a bit more.

Purchased it off amazon and used it for a couple months, but no longer need it. It's clean and in good working condition. Prefer local pickup in the Phoenix area but can also ship. Cost a little over $50 new.

Amazon link for the product:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VWGVQDF/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Why would anyone pay $40 for an after-market conversion that requires one to manually limit the charge rate, when the Tesla store sells a Gen 1 10-30 adapter for $45 that automatically sets charge rate to a safe 24 amp limit; or a Gen 2 adapter for $35?

Why would anyone pay $40 for an after-market conversion that requires one to manually limit the charge rate, when the Tesla store sells a Gen 1 10-30 adapter for $45 that automatically sets charge rate to a safe 24 amp limit; or a Gen 2 adapter for $35?

I hadn't noticed the price on the adapters from Tesla was $45. I'll reduce the price to $30 in light of the pricing from Tesla. I think the pricing from Tesla had been higher when I purchased, as I looked there at the time as well and selected the product off amazon. I'm not the only person to have done that.

The user has to set the charge rate a single time and it remembers the limit based on location, so it isn't a big deal. I mentioned it in the ad itself for the sake of full disclosure. If someone actually wants it let me know.