Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 weeks 3 service visits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you go to the SC for the one time abnormal slow down when driving with AP?

My car slammed on the brakes in the middle of the highway while going 60-70mph. That is dangerous and I felt I should have my car evaluated and get an answer for why the dangerous incident occurred? I can't think of a single person I know who would just be like "oh well, I'm sure it won't happen again."

Just to add to some of these situations, I have a May 2016 refresh and I've already put 15k miles on it. Here is a full list of issues I've had with my car:

- DRL did not work when I purchased the car for about a month. Then an OTA update turned them on so long as range mode is disabled.
- Passenger side DRL no longer works. It was determined to be a hardware issue and unit is going to be replaced by Tesla next week.
- There is a weird noise that occurs when the car is turned 90 degrees, mostly at stop signs and stop lights. The technician noticed it during a test drive of my car over a month ago, and apparently took action to correct it (according to the PDF they e-mailed me after service), yet the issue still remains and is now worse. Tesla will be addressing this next week as well.
- The alignment was barely off when I bought the car so I requested realignment after noticing it on my road trip and I had to pay for it.
- There have been 3-4 annoying buzzes and rattles throughout the car that have emerged. I made videos of them and sent to the Tesla team so they can address during service.
- I have noticed the infamous "ghost car" problem occurring lately at least twice (car thinks there is a car in front of you when there is not, prompting a loud noise and red flashing car on the instrument cluster).
- Two Supercharger units at different locations failed to charge my car, prompting a message that my car needed service. Tesla determined this to be an issue at those particular Supercharger locations - not my car.

So after 2.5 months of ownership, that's where I am. Overall, wonderful car, and none of the above have been deal-breakers for me. I place them mostly in the "that's annoying" category. Not the "I can't drive this car and I wish I had never bought it" one. I drive a 115 mile daily commute and the car is very reliable. I drive it all over the Olympic Peninsula from one beautiful place to another and don't have any huge issues.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dehydratedH2O
that's not right, call them back and insist that they pull the logs!

Did they pull the logs and give you an answer about the "slamming on the brakes" incident? I doubt the logs keep detailed info forever, so I would try to get an answer on that one ASAP.

Sorry for your problems - I've had more than a few issues over the years, but with a VIN <10K, I expected it, and service has always been so thorough, responsive and effective (shout-out to Rockville Service Center - and all its awesome alums who have moved on to other SCs :)), that it really hasn't been a problem.