Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 weeks left for the Model 3 coast-to-coast self drive...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 weeks left for the Model 3 coast-to-coast self drive...

...plus a couple of days

...plus some extra snakes

tesla-automated-charging-station-prototype-video-screencap_100521546_m.jpg

I totally believe you, but when did he tweet this? I've been following his tweets for a while now and don't remember that one. Must have been a bit ago... (or I just missed it)
It was from the Q2 earnings call in August
"It is certainly possible that I will have egg on my face on that front, but if it's not at the end of the year it will be very close,"

I have no doubt that they have attempted this in secret already and failed. That's engineering. Push the product until it fails, figure out what happened, make changes, and retest.

We already know that Tesla's autopilot can handle the open highway stretches almost perfectly so their pains are almost certainly on/off ramps and congested city interstate sections.

No chance at all, i'll even rule out the first part of next year, the system simply isn't ready, unless Elon has another set of hardware let's call it AP3, ready and able to go.

Heck, I was driving home last night on a well known highway that I've driven tons of times with my AP2, and because of the salt treatment and the lanes being slightly less white on black the car dove for the other lane.

No way, Tesla trys a coast to coast drive before the Spring when the weather is more in their favor. A simple snowstorm would render the car completely AP undrivable. See my AP2 radar fail thread for data.