Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 x 230V circuit not loading the car, what solution for this problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have a 3 x 230V connection in my home in Belgium. I tried connecting my charger to all the line wires but not on any of this the car starts loading. The problem is I think there's no N wire in this kind of connection. What can I do so I can load my car at home. Someone told me to buy a transfo but what kind and how do I have to connect this ?

Please help as soon as possible because I can't charge at the moment.

Kind regards

While I haven't kept up with this, I do recall that Tesla said you will not be able to do three-phase charging without a neutral conductor. The Norwegian UMC will allow you to use your power supply, but will not allow three phase.

Here's why:
Europe: Future Charging for Model S 1-phase or 3-phase? (Part 2) - Page 47

I may be wrong, but I haven't seen anything that would contradict my theory that each "charger" is made up of 3 mini-chargers, one for each phase. In this configuration, if you don't have a neutral conductor, it won't work.

You will likely need the Norwegian UMC because you have a configuration similar to Norway's IT infrastructure, where the voltages are floating relative to ground.

What lights do you see on your UMC? Green or red?
Does the car show any voltage when the connector is plugged into the car?