Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 years >100K miles Battery and Service Status for those curious how its holding up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3, Dual Motor, Long Range, FSD, HW3, 101K miles, 36.8.8

Battery and Servicing:

Battery varies from 9%-11% loss, some days it shows 283 miles at full charge, other times it shows 278 miles at full charge
Wall Charger at home, Supercharging on the road and 50/30 amp when camping.

Servicing:

Charging port part replaced – warranty
Seat slide part replaced- warranty
Seat adjuster button broken and disappeared, hmm
Hardware 3 upgrade – free
Both Upper controls arms replaced, one covered under warranty
Cabin filters replaced twice
Wipers blades replaced once
On third set of tires
Glass roof replaced (rock strike)

So far so good. Onward to the next 100K miles.

The car has circumnavigated the perimeter of the US, with no issues, charging or otherwise, other than a tire patch. With two bikes on the roof too. Car has seen extremes of winter weather in Killington, VT, to 128 degrees in Arizona desert. Battery took a good cold soak when a power outage hit the Killington ski resort and it sat out all night in subzero temps.

Go Tesla!!!

2018 Model 3, Dual Motor, Long Range, FSD, HW3, 101K miles, 36.8.8

Battery and Servicing:

Battery varies from 9%-11% loss, some days it shows 283 miles at full charge, other times it shows 278 miles at full charge
Wall Charger at home, Supercharging on the road and 50/30 amp when camping.

Servicing:

Charging port part replaced – warranty
Seat slide part replaced- warranty
Seat adjuster button broken and disappeared, hmm
Hardware 3 upgrade – free
Both Upper controls arms replaced, one covered under warranty
Cabin filters replaced twice
Wipers blades replaced once
On third set of tires
Glass roof replaced (rock strike)

So far so good. Onward to the next 100K miles.

The car has circumnavigated the perimeter of the US, with no issues, charging or otherwise, other than a tire patch. With two bikes on the roof too. Car has seen extremes of winter weather in Killington, VT, to 128 degrees in Arizona desert. Battery took a good cold soak when a power outage hit the Killington ski resort and it sat out all night in subzero temps.

Go Tesla!!!
Good update on the 100k status. I'm far from that at 32k, but seeing the batteries still holding a good charge at your milage is good to see.
Curious on the upper control rms. Why were they replaced? I also had a rock strike on the roof, it was a chip that was repaired and seems to be holding well.

Good update on the 100k status. I'm far from that at 32k, but seeing the batteries still holding a good charge at your milage is good to see.
Curious on the upper control rms. Why were they replaced? I also had a rock strike on the roof, it was a chip that was repaired and seems to be holding well.
Control arms were defective and started failing around 50K, both were outside warranty first one they covered, when the second one went about 5K further they said no. You can do a search on model 3 control arms in the 2018's and you'll see the postings on it. They should have done a recall on them seeing how many were failing. Some were lucky and failed before 50K, others 50/50 (me) and some not so lucky and had to pay for them.

Control arms were defective and started failing around 50K, both were outside warranty first one they covered, when the second one went about 5K further they said no. You can do a search on model 3 control arms in the 2018's and you'll see the postings on it. They should have done a recall on them seeing how many were failing. Some were lucky and failed before 50K, others 50/50 (me) and some not so lucky and had to pay for them.
Yep, mine failed at 35k and I got both under warranty.

Wow, that's the same 100% battery range reading I get at full charge (283miles), but I've only got 60K miles including two Washington to Florida round trips.

I have replaced OEM Michelins at 24K miles with X-ice on the 18" aero rims and put 19" VMR wheels and Continental tires for summer use.

I've only had to replace the cabin filters a few times and replaced the 12V battery pro-actively before a winter cross country trip. Also upgraded computer with FSD purchase.
Warranty repairs have been minimal and include:
"Passenger seat restraint system fault" repaired by SB "noise filter"
Battery vents replaced per SB
Upper control arm sealant added per SB.

I don't care what Consumers Report says, this is the most reliable vehicle I've owned. :)

Over 100k on a Tesla after 3 years and still ticking. Very impressive! Thanks you for sharing.

I can't imagine putting that many miles on a car in that short amount of time. However, your post gives me hope that my car may still be in great shape 3 years from now.

Wow, that's the same 100% battery range reading I get at full charge (283miles), but I've only got 60K miles including two Washington to Florida round trips.

I have replaced OEM Michelins at 24K miles with X-ice on the 18" aero rims and put 19" VMR wheels and Continental tires for summer use.

I've only had to replace the cabin filters a few times and replaced the 12V battery pro-actively before a winter cross country trip. Also upgraded computer with FSD purchase.
Warranty repairs have been minimal and include:
"Passenger seat restraint system fault" repaired by SB "noise filter"
Battery vents replaced per SB
Upper control arm sealant added per SB.

I don't care what Consumers Report says, this is the most reliable vehicle I've owned. :)
What was the battery vent issue?

I was thinking about the 12 V vent. The vent and price prove it is not an AGM battery.
AGM batteries have vents too, but I agree that the OEM batteries are too cheap to believe they are AGM.

I'm not to 100k miles yet, but at 71,623 miles. My car was made in March 2018 and I still have the original 12v battery. Here's a list of my service items:
-Frunk latch solenoid replaced early on (warranty), in 2018
-Left headlight replaced due to signature light reflector sagging down and appearing dim (warranty), early 2020
-Charge port door replaced after it would sometimes fail to open and had to lift it with my fingers (warranty), early 2020
-Left front upper control arm replaced around 33,000 miles due to loud creaking noise (warranty), early 2020
-FSD computer upgrade (included with purchase of FSD)
-I replace my wipers and cabin air filters every year as planned maintenance (cost of materials, DIY)
-I lube my brake hardware every year as planned maintenance (free, DIY)
-I replace my brake fluid every two years as planned maintenance (cost of brake fluid, DIY)
-I've replaced my tires about every 22,000 miles (cost varies, but I always use Michelin tires and get a credit towards new ones with treadwear warranty)