TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

30 Day Autopilot Trial Confirmed

Discussion in 'Model S' started by RichieTheC, Apr 21, 2016.

1. RichieTheC

RichieTheC Member

Called Tesla today for more info. I was told that the offer should get pushed out to qualifying cars during the next few weeks. Qualifying cars are those that have the AP hardware whose purchasers chose not to pay the 2500 at purchase time for the AP software.

2. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Cool, I did order my P90DL without Autopilot and when the time comes I would like to give it a trial. However, most of the roads I travel upon are not suitable for AP as they are country lanes with twisty blind curves, and field stone walls.

3. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

I got my free trial two days ago.

• Informative x 2
  4. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Did this offer coincide with a new firmware download to you car or did the dialog just "pop up" when you entered the S?

5. Evbwcaer

Evbwcaer Member

Does anybody know if this is something that can be activated in the future?

My car qualifies, I believe, (Sept. 2014 build, non-tech package, AP hardware and safety features now)

I'd like to save the trial month for a road trip in the future. Do I have to do it when prompted or can I wait?

6. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

It just popped up as I was parking my car. App did not notify me. I pressed the button to accept the trial. The car shut down for about 30 seconds while it reset the software and then boom, I have autopilot for a month!

7. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

I was also emailed by Tesla shortly after with instructions to purchase AP. I believe it can be done from the car as well.

8. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

This I can't totally answer. The two choices were to start the trial or "skip." Not sure if skipping would just delete the offer.

9. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Everybody who tries it will buy it. Super smart move.

10. Evbwcaer

Evbwcaer Member

I got the invitation this morning, I pressed the "X" button to close the window. Now, in the, "Driver Assistance" menu, I have the option to start the trial. This is nice, I plan on waiting to start the trial....save it for a road trip or something.

11. musicious

musicious Member

Be careful.. they may decide to limit abuse by letting the offer expire after a couple weeks

12. RichieTheC

RichieTheC Member

So, my trial is almost over, and I'm not gonna buy. I'm not comfortable trusting it, and I prefer to be in control anyway. But, I feel like I'm in the minority about AP. I know a lot of you really like it.

13. Joetnr1

Joetnr1 Member

My trial finished today. It was fun but not worth 3k plus tax. I'll get it on my next lease in a couple years and they'll have the bugs worked out by then.