Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would seem to me that 30 min of charge should give way lots of charge to get to several other superchargers. What's he trying to do, anyway? Fill up? Most of us supercharge only enough to get to the next supercharger on our trip, generally 100 - 130 miles. 30 minutes is plenty. I count eight superchargers close enough to get to with that charge.

Yeah I wouldn't really pay attention to him.

Lol. I got the impression that I would have been asked to leave after 45 min. I didn't need that much, so I don't know how it would have gone down or if there were wider repercussions to disobedience.

With the current issues with some locations not providing full power, 45 minutes might only provide half a charge.

I dunno, that's more than enough to push through the perimeter of crowded Bay Area superchargers to one with a more civilized duty cycle, and even for a local just trying to save money half a charge can go a long way.

Why did he leave home with only 100 miles of range? Don't you plug in every night?

LOL. Kind of an aside from the 30-minute cut-off we experienced. We do have a 14-50 but right now the S is treated more like a weekend car, mostly driven locally on the weekends so seldom need to charge but once a week. 80% does it for the most part for our use. With hot weather this week the Overheat Cabin Protection ran several days and ate into his range. Like I said he ran more errands in it than anticipated :).