TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

30 min. limit at Mt. View SC

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by SMAlset, May 6, 2017.

1. roblab

roblab Active Member

It would seem to me that 30 min of charge should give way lots of charge to get to several other superchargers. What's he trying to do, anyway? Fill up? Most of us supercharge only enough to get to the next supercharger on our trip, generally 100 - 130 miles. 30 minutes is plenty. I count eight superchargers close enough to get to with that charge.

2. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

Lol. I got the impression that I would have been asked to leave after 45 min. I didn't need that much, so I don't know how it would have gone down or if there were wider repercussions to disobedience.

I dunno, that's more than enough to push through the perimeter of crowded Bay Area superchargers to one with a more civilized duty cycle, and even for a local just trying to save money half a charge can go a long way.

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Why did he leave home with only 100 miles of range? Don't you plug in every night?

4. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

LOL. Kind of an aside from the 30-minute cut-off we experienced. We do have a 14-50 but right now the S is treated more like a weekend car, mostly driven locally on the weekends so seldom need to charge but once a week. 80% does it for the most part for our use. With hot weather this week the Overheat Cabin Protection ran several days and ate into his range. Like I said he ran more errands in it than anticipated :).

5. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

Normally, if you need to charge and it will take longer than 30 minutes, there is no issue with that. Approximately 5 minutes after your charging session has completed, you may be charged an idle fee if you do not move your car.

6. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

Mountain view is not normal. If you go by the Hawthorne status board, it is always one of if not the most busy SC location in the world. As noted above you are given a 45 minute limit, and I assume they hold you to it.