Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30 minute preconditioning limit removed in latest iPhone update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest Tesla iPhone app (3.3.2) has removed the 30 minute preconditioning limit so that it will work similar to the new Climate Control option in the cabin. Anyone try it yet?

Attachments

• 3EE5E0EE-9C82-426D-B82F-2FD724C334D7.png
    3EE5E0EE-9C82-426D-B82F-2FD724C334D7.png
    459.2 KB · Views: 73
Unless the main point is that iSheep got it too now,(no need to mention that Apple users got it now) yes, I tried it, and would rather have the old limit and a notification. :)

Running battery down to 20% in case of trip cancellation or having it on over a weekend when plugged in,is not that great.

Anyone try it yet?

Jepp, works nicely. I've had the functionality since I upgraded to 2017.46 over a week ago – so the app itself doesn't play a part here. I actually discovered it accidentally, when I suddenly had to stay a bit longer at the office. My car ended up pre-heating for almost two hours before I found out. Nice feature, but a heads up in the 2017.46 release notes would have been nice.

I wouldn't expect the mainstream user to notice it in the update notes of the Tesla App. Someone is bound to let their car pre-heat for hours by accident because they are used to the 30 minute cut-off :p

Once your car actually gets to the set temperature, I'd expect it would stop heating or cooling, and not keep running continuously. Of course, in extreme cold or heat, it's probably going to keep turning itself on and off and back on to maintain that temperature.