Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30 reasons why Tesla Model S is such a great car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend asked me yesterday "Why have your ordered Tesla?". Well, I didn't have much time, so I said "Because it's best car in the world." And since he knew nothing on how true my statement was, I did this short list of major reasons why it is so and emailed it to him. Let me know if you think I've missed some that should be in top 30.

1. Almost no moving parts, so it's more reliable (in theory).
2. Over-the-air updates, so the car becomes BETTER as time goes by.
3. No gears, so ride is smooth and linear.
4. No noise.
5. No emissions.
6. If you leave the headlights on, your battery won't die in 1 night (2 month actually).
7. If you have to sleep in a car - no need to turn off climate control.
8. Climate control can be turned on remotely, so it's always comfortable.
9. Door handles autopresent, and it's kinda cool.
10. If the car is stolen, Tesla service can locate and immobilize it in seconds.
11. One pedal driving feels great.
12. Large touchscreen allows use of browser, HD back camera, navigation, etc.
13. Car acceleration is instant.
14. Model S is the safest car in the world.
15. There are 2 trunks.
16. There are 2 motors, so you can lose 1 and still finish your driving.
17. You can start/open your car with mobile app from anywhere.
18. Front camera reads speed limit signs and adjusts traffic-aware cruise control.
19. Autopilot controls steering and allows lane changes with a tap.
20. Any song can be played with voice command.
21. Automatic parallel parking.
22. Electricity is cheaper than gas, and it's good for the climate.
23. Traction control on millisecond level.
24. No oil changes, belt replacements, gas stations, etc.
25. Amazing 8 year, unlimited mile warranty.
26. Possibility to upgrade battery pack as it's capacity increases over time.
27. Navigation is actually Google Maps, so it's traffic aware.
28. Free charging for life with superchargers.
29. Availiable seating for 7. And their luggage.
30. Model S P90DL is in top 10 fastest cars in the world 0-60.

PS: exuse me for my bad english

Last edited:
33. You have a "gas station" in your garage, so you always wake up to a full tank of "gas." You also never have to worry about or visit a gas station or care about the price of gas :) This is especially convenient for northerners who fill gas in cold climates--you can do this in the comfort of your home in your PJs...
34. You can customize not only the layout of both your dash screen and main screen, but you can customize the steering wheel scroll wheels as well.
35. To lock your car, you just get out and walk away. To unlock and turn on your car, you just walk up to it, open the door and sit in the seat.

A few nitpicks

16. Only if the front motor dies.
18. Currently TACC nor AP automatically adjust the speed to the speed limit. They detect it, but do nothing about it. Might change in v7
27. Navigation is not Google maps

It looks like with a little effort you could make this Fifty Reasons Tesla is Better.

On #11, NO pedal driving is also pretty neat. And TACC does adjust your speed, on sharp curves. I live in mountainous country, and coming up to a curve, the car, let's assume in a 55 mph zone, entering a 35 mph curve, drops ten miles per, all by itself. If you want to power through, you just push the pedal and override TACC.

On Nav, Google maps has traffic, and sends the best route (in its opinion) to Nav. So, in a sense, Nav uses Google, to a degree.

39. Handles great in the snow.

18. Currently TACC nor AP automatically adjust the speed to the speed limit. They detect it, but do nothing about it. Might change in v7

Not sure I'll enable that feature if it does become available. Others may have a similar situation to mine where the freeway I drive has a frontage road next to it with a speed lint 20 MPH slower than the freeway. For some reason my S always reads the frontage road speed limit sign. Would not want the car to read that and then quickly slow that much lest someone rear end me.

33. You have a "gas station" in your garage, so you always wake up to a full tank of "gas." You also never have to worry about or visit a gas station or care about the price of gas :) This is especially convenient for northerners who fill gas in cold climates--you can do this in the comfort of your home in your PJs...
34. You can customize not only the layout of both your dash screen and main screen, but you can customize the steering wheel scroll wheels as well.
35. To lock your car, you just get out and walk away. To unlock and turn on your car, you just walk up to it, open the door and sit in the seat.

This to me is the killer app. I fill up every evening in my garage.

Great list!

In no particular numerical order, my proposed additions:

Its American Made (only good for US nationalism)
Its a "startup" disrupter? Affecting change in a monopolistic and fascist economy. A Rebel.
Can run on the sun?
Handling! It handles better than most sports cars! This should be top ten. This is an amazing aspect of the car. Not enough is said about this.
Air Suspension!
Cubic Storage space is larger than most if not all "Cars".
Rear Camera visible while driving, more eyes behind you than just mirrors.
No smog check
No oil
Panoramic roof!
Its a hatchback!
It has an API for developers! A car, mind you.

Its simple. Its superior..Its evolving. Its electric.

Its electric.
Its electric.
Its electric.
Its electric
Its electric.
Its electric.
Its electric.
Its electric.
Its electric.
100. Its electric.