Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

30 years of 'Normal' cars.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well, the new front ends on most Toyota cars look like crap.

in my buddies 1983 pickup you could fully drop the clutch in 1st gear and the car would lurch forward and bounce once but not stall and just start driving forward at idle speed. I bet the new ones stall. oh wait, no manual available even

Tacomas have manual transmission available. I know this because my wife's best friend recently went back to a Taco after some years with a car, and she won't drive anything but stick.

I do not understand the point this article is trying to make. It only shows the bad sides of the newer vehicle (more weight for example) without highlighting the fact that security and comfort (amongst a many other aspects) are way better than before.

But it seems quite clear to me indeed that the ICE part of the car has only seen minor improvements in the last 30 years. (I'd be curious to compare smog test from 30 years ago, that probably has changed more than the rest.)

(snip)
in my buddies 1983 pickup you could fully drop the clutch in 1st gear and the car would lurch forward and bounce once but not stall and just start driving forward at idle speed. I bet the new ones stall. oh wait, no manual available even

Well if that's the case, it only means the idle throttle (rpm?) is too high, right ? So that the engine would burn more fuel when idling ? (I do not know a lot about engines…)