Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$3000 for white interior? [$1000 for white interior plus $2000 due to current Model Y price]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MYLR on May 2nd. While waiting almost 3 months I decided to change my interior color from the default back to the $1000 white interior.
I called the store and someone pick up the phone said no problem he can do it for me. 20 minutes later I got email confirmation for the modification.
AND it is over $3000 MORE IN TOTAL!! Read the invoice and found it is $1000 interior + $2000 price difference (price raised after 5/2 when I ordered) + tax.
Looks like its counted a new order made yesterday?? Does it make sense? The agent told me I can made any modification after order but never told me it has to be re-priced!

Yup. That's how Tesla works. I was trying to upgrade my wheel from 19 to 20 but got the same response -- I needed to pay the price gap. I ended up not doing that.

Looks like your SA didn't do a good job explaining it to you. I'm afraid even if you go back now you will still not get your old price..

Yeah, my SA didn't do a good job explaining it either. Like yours, she said that I could make changes any time, so if I wanted to change colors or whatever, no problem.

Well after placing my order and contemplating an exterior color change, I googled and found posts here that said a design modification is basically a new order so it moves you to the current price book. A few days after I placed my order, the MYLR went up by $500. The color change would be a total of $1500 additional, which I decided wasn't worth it.

I don't know if my SA would have advised me of that, but reading posts here sure did help.

Unfortunately none of the SAs you spoke with explained that to you, sorry :/

Yup. That's how Tesla works. I was trying to upgrade my wheel from 19 to 20 but got the same response -- I needed to pay the price gap. I ended up not doing that.

Looks like your SA didn't do a good job explaining it to you. I'm afraid even if you go back now you will still not get your old price..
How did you end up not paying that? Did you go back to the original order or got your modification without paying extra on price raise?

Yeah, my SA didn't do a good job explaining it either. Like yours, she said that I could make changes any time, so if I wanted to change colors or whatever, no problem.

Well after placing my order and contemplating an exterior color change, I googled and found posts here that said a design modification is basically a new order so it moves you to the current price book. A few days after I placed my order, the MYLR went up by $500. The color change would be a total of $1500 additional, which I decided wasn't worth it.

I don't know if my SA would have advised me of that, but reading posts here sure did help.

Unfortunately none of the SAs you spoke with explained that to you, sorry :/
It's terrible experience. The one answered the phone is actually not my advisor, but my advisor didn't told me neither. No one mentioned at all.
My agent is submitting some request to go back.

Read

No I didn't make change at all. My SA told me the original price would change if I changed the config (when I called to change), so I decided not doing that.
You are lucky and your agent had a good notice.
My agent is submitting a revert back but its pending. It's very confused when I consulted Tesla online chat and got "It will be like you had originally ordered with while", if I understand correct this statement if not accurate. (I'm not a native speaker)

Sucks that your SA didn't give you the proper guidance. I had considered going with MSM, but I didn't want to take the price hit of the increases over time in addition to the cost of the MSM paint. :(

1626890943540.png

Last edited: