Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

310 Mile Mercedes EV To Be Unveiled In October

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Weber did not specify how soon the car would hit the road but said it would be sometime this decade."

Not much urgency in that statement. I'd hope they can make a competing car by the end of the decade, as more competition and choices are good.

They are not launching a production EV in October, they are showing a very early prototype EV. The range will be an NEDC number that already Tesla beats significantly with the S90D. By the time that Daimler EV gets into production Tesla will still be way ahead.

Still, glad to see that Daimler is slowing coming to its senses. Baby steps...

It's a prototype. The real thing, sometime this decade.

They also said:
"The structure is ready, the teams are working and the initial results from road tests are coming in quick succession,"

On one hand it does sound like their prototype is not too far behind Model 3 development, on the other hand I'm curious what those "initial results" are...

Last edited:
Wonder what their network charging strategy is?
Here is that answer:
What is the CCS?: Charging Interface Initiative e. V. (CharIN e. V.)
This will evolve over several years but only the Japanese and Chinese producers are not deeply involved. I think it will happen but I also do not think there ever will be a single global standard, but as in more than 120 years of electrification there are not even universal standards for large countries we'll be a long time waiting to stop using adapters.:(

Here is that answer:
What is the CCS?: Charging Interface Initiative e. V. (CharIN e. V.)
This will evolve over several years but only the Japanese and Chinese producers are not deeply involved. I think it will happen but I also do not think there ever will be a single global standard, but as in more than 120 years of electrification there are not even universal standards for large countries we'll be a long time waiting to stop using adapters.:(

I'd guess it'll all be wireless before there is no longer a need for adapters.

Reactions: jbcarioca
What I meant was that I think we will see technological advancements in the efficiency of wireless charging before we see people agreeing on a single charging cable standard. That seems to be where it's headed, at least. All things being equal, who wouldn't prefer wireless charging?

Reactions: Yuri_G