Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

315 vice 316...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts on this from the experienced appreciated.

Screenshot_20200330-200835.png

I have a 8 Digit F car (Performance Motors) in LR AWD guise. Would that drop me down to 315, or is something else going on?

Thanks

the longer you own the car, the lower that number will be.

I have never seen the full 310 rated miles on my Model 3, even when new. Now its down to ~290ish at full charge.
Thank you. I understand degradation, etc. Just trying to determine impact of the different motors in this guise, if any. Totally get it's a fraction, but the more I know the better I can make things. Appreciate it, Doc.

Some tips:

1. Switch to percentage.
2. Only charge to max 90%
3. Leave your car plugged in when not using.
4. As soon as you can, plan a road trip somewhere at least 350 miles away and us the navigation to plan that trip. Monitor the range on the Energy screen. After one trip the range anxiety goes away.
5. Enjoy driving the future.

Reactions: user212_nr
For what it's worth, i see only see max at 315 and I have F on the 8 digit in my VIN. it's only 1 mile, really doesnt' matter. Some day my max say 313, some day 315. Yesterday it was 315, today 313. I really wouldn't pay too much attention to it. BTW, the performance motor is only rumor right? I don't think it's really confirmed.

Thanks for the responses. I am trying to nail down info on the motors and this is part of my gathering on that... I think it's more than a rumor, however.

Appreciate the guidance on charging, etc. I only go to 80% as that is all we need most days, and the top off after a few days was designed to see where I am at. I don't have any range anxiety, and am not really worried about a mile. Just trying to figure out the stuff I am working with.

Have a good rest of the week!

SS

Reactions: Klau2
It's quite possible that the displayed maximum charge mileage will increase as we get into warmer weather. When I first took delivery of my S90D in December 2016, it showed a max 100% charge of 293 miles. By May/June 2017, it was showing a max charge of 295 miles.

Reactions: empiredown
Thanks for the responses. I am trying to nail down info on the motors and this is part of my gathering on that... I think it's more than a rumor, however.

Appreciate the guidance on charging, etc. I only go to 80% as that is all we need most days, and the top off after a few days was designed to see where I am at. I don't have any range anxiety, and am not really worried about a mile. Just trying to figure out the stuff I am working with.

Have a good rest of the week!

SS

I am an early Model 3 owner with Dual motors, this means I also have the performance motors. However, Tesla has kept my performance the exact same as all Dual motor versions. I wouldn't waste time getting your hopes up.

The one thing that could happen is an "Acceleration Boost" paid performance upgrade, that seems highly likely, but it would be the same regardless of what motors you have.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr. Burrito