Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32.6 Bluetooth Playlist Behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
32.6 added some new bluetooth music capabilities, and I'm curious to see what the playlist behavior is for different phone types.

For an iPhone 6S we can now see the currently playing playlist (didn't show up immediately, it seems to show up first time song changes maybe?). We can select the playlist and see what songs are on the playlist. But we cannot actually select anything from the playlist. You just get to see what's on the playlist. Which is kind of disappointing, but it's more than before, so I can't complain.

Have you experienced different behaviors for your phone? What is your phone type, and how does it behave?

After some additional searching, I found another thread on this that provides some helpful information.

V10 Bluetooth playlist?

I read through all the posts there.

It seems Android may work better for folks than iPhone, is the sense I got from it. Also, for at least a few folks with iPhone, you can't select songs from a custom playlist, but you can select a song if listening by album or artist. I haven't tested this yet, but that's what folks were saying there.