TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

32 Amp Outlet Wiring

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Rockford, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Rockford

Rockford Member

I searched but can't find a proper answer.

If I wanted to install a 32A 3 Phase socket at work what do I tell the onsite Electrician? He mentioned something about he neutral part of it, and whether that needs to be wired up (or something like that). I want basically the same sort of thing you'd find at a Showground power outlet I guess but I am not sure how to say it or provide him diagrams (all of them relate to the HWPC one).

Thanks in advance.

2. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Fair Dinkum Tesla

5 pin outlet, make sure all 5 are wired in, a very handy and robust outlet to have.

• Like x 1
  3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

I’ve installed a few. It’s a five-pin outlet.
    The cable has five internal wires:
    L1
    L2
    L3
    Neutral
    Earth

The socket has markings to show which wire goes where. Your electrician can do it before breakfast.

These plugs are so handy. Much cheaper than the HPWC and just as fast with the right adapter.

4. Rockford

Rockford Member

Great information, much appreciated. Will let him know.