Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32 Amp Outlet Wiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched but can't find a proper answer.

If I wanted to install a 32A 3 Phase socket at work what do I tell the onsite Electrician? He mentioned something about he neutral part of it, and whether that needs to be wired up (or something like that). I want basically the same sort of thing you'd find at a Showground power outlet I guess but I am not sure how to say it or provide him diagrams (all of them relate to the HWPC one).

Thanks in advance.

I searched but can't find a proper answer.

If I wanted to install a 32A 3 Phase socket at work what do I tell the onsite Electrician? He mentioned something about he neutral part of it, and whether that needs to be wired up (or something like that). I want basically the same sort of thing you'd find at a Showground power outlet I guess but I am not sure how to say it or provide him diagrams (all of them relate to the HWPC one).

Thanks in advance.

5 pin outlet, make sure all 5 are wired in, a very handy and robust outlet to have.

Reactions: alexeiw123
I’ve installed a few. It’s a five-pin outlet.
The cable has five internal wires:
L1
L2
L3
Neutral
Earth

The socket has markings to show which wire goes where. Your electrician can do it before breakfast.

These plugs are so handy. Much cheaper than the HPWC and just as fast with the right adapter.