Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'32 Ford EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was working on a 1932 Ford here in Sweden forty years ago, perhaps it's now time again?

Today there is very good availability of old Ford reproduction parts and EV kits, enough to build a '32 Ford EV from scratch. For example a local shop builds '32 frames and can add the battery mounting points I need. EV Europe has complete kits with battery and drive train. The battery modules will be below the floor, between the frame rails (except for the stack in the front). See my CAD pic below. I'm now working on a Volvo 960 Multi-link rear axle to see how this fits with the motor and diff.

Differential: OEM 1:5
Motor: EV hypE™ synchronous Reluctance Internal Magnet Motor
Power: 90 kW
Torque: 235 Nm
8000 rpm max
Motor Efficiency: up to 95%

Battery: CATL 16S -11 kWh – 58 Volt
Chemistry: NMC Lithium Ion Cell
Number of modules: 6
Total capacity: 66 kWh
Total weight: ca 311 kg
ford1932frame.JPG

The new rear axle assembly with motor, inverter, control box and diff is ready and being welded to the frame. Hopefully the rolling chassis/skate board will be finished around new year.

I made a welding jig from the Volvo 960 Multi-link subframe,

The 960 subframe
L1020564.jpg

The finished jig
L1020578.JPG

The new subframe with motor, inverter, control box and diff
L1020591.jpg

I adjusted the track width to 1440mm (the 960 was 1500mm).

Thank you!
It's nice to create a future-proofed classic rod. All ev tech will be hidden below the floor and under hood in the front. The cabin and trunk will be like original except for a touchscreen and some controls, pic:
L1020610.JPG

Reactions: Genie