Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

326 mile range - Tesla.com updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's all very relative. I just did a 1000 mile two trip and met lots of new Telsa friends at the Superchargers. They were doing some amazing trips. Speed and wind have a major impact on distance. Think 90 mph + 15+ winds and 10 miles becomes pretty meaningless. It's more about optimizing your charging times at the best Superchargers (cost plus stuff around to get/drink/pee). In town I can drive for a week and it doesn't matter.

you need the 40.7 update. I was at 40.4 (maybe it was .3) and 40.7 increased it. Of course, like I suspect most of us, I don't know what range I really have. Only what the screen tells me. I figure you look at your average watt/mile. On a 75kw battery that means you have average about 230. While I have gotten htat on a slow local trip, no way have I averaged anywhere near that. And I've been pretty conservative in my driving.

We'll see what the future brings.

My Y is less than 1000miles and I’m at 40.3 software. I get only 312miles to 100% charge
LR-AWD gemini wheels.

It'll likely drop a lot more than that. I'm just over 4000 miles and have dropped to 294 miles. I think the BMS estimate is a little off; I don't think my battery has degraded that much. I'm hoping 40.7 will raise it. BTW, I've never supercharged, charged above 90%, dropped below 15% (and only below 25% once trying a deeper cycle to see if the BMS would recalibrate.
20201019_084629.jpg

Reactions: same
Teslafi. I bought the $50 annual subscription. I think they still have a 14 day trial. You are giving a ton of personal info to a 3rd party though.

There is an easy way to your battery range per the BMS. Set your car to display distance instead of energy and slide the charge bar to max in the app. It will show the expected mileage at 100%.
20201019_104341.jpg

Yes, I use that slider to get that number but that isn't an real number. More like the EPA estimate on my subaru. The Outback has a reading for lifetime mileage. Even there the manufacturer must be fudging as my separate spreadsheet of miles/gallons is pretty close to fuelly.com both of which are lower than what the car tells me.

I'll take a look at Teslfi. Be nice if you could get that info from the car. I guess all I would need is watts/kilowatts used (or input might be more accurate)

It'll likely drop a lot more than that. I'm just over 4000 miles and have dropped to 294 miles. I think the BMS estimate is a little off; I don't think my battery has degraded that much. I'm hoping 40.7 will raise it. BTW, I've never supercharged, charged above 90%, dropped below 15% (and only below 25% once trying a deeper cycle to see if the BMS would recalibrate.
View attachment 600048
intersting...I just went over 4000, with the 20" tires...my max at 100% is 286 (I think). First time I charged to 100% this weekend (and first time I got under 30 miles left in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma - probably should put an accurate speed in the EVTO app). Waiting on 40.7.

Yes, I use that slider to get that number but that isn't an real number. More like the EPA estimate on my subaru. The Outback has a reading for lifetime mileage. Even there the manufacturer must be fudging as my separate spreadsheet of miles/gallons is pretty close to fuelly.com both of which are lower than what the car tells me.

I'll take a look at Teslfi. Be nice if you could get that info from the car. I guess all I would need is watts/kilowatts used (or input might be more accurate)

I think it is the real number. Each time I've checked, it has been within one mile of what teslafi reports.

I think it is the real number. Each time I've checked, it has been within one mile of what teslafi reports.
It's a real number, but to be clear it relates directly to what the BMS thinks is the current battery capacity. It's the 'EPA' mileage rating taking into account what the BMS thinks is the current battery degredation.

It's completely unrelated to your actual mileage.

I’m still a bit confused by the math..
The Model Y has a 75KW battery..

AFAIK, the epa rating for my performance MY is 304Wh/mile (189Wh/km)

If we divide battery capacity with the mileage we should get estimated range:

75KW / 304 Wh/mile = 247 miles.. which is way worse then anything listed..

Am I missing something ?

I’m still a bit confused by the math..
The Model Y has a 75KW battery..

AFAIK, the epa rating for my performance MY is 304Wh/mile (189Wh/km)

If we divide battery capacity with the mileage we should get estimated range:

75KW / 304 Wh/mile = 247 miles.. which is way worse then anything listed..

Am I missing something ?
In case you read my first post, I deleted it for being too confusing. Bottom line is you have it backwards. It's 303 miles range and 247 watts per mile. My AWD is about 237 watts / mile so 247 makes sense to me.

I've averaged 231 Wh/mi for the past few months. According to the sticker under my frunk cover, I have a 74 kwh battery. That yields a 74000 Wh / 231 Wh/mi = 320 mile range (before any battery degradation).

I've averaged 231 Wh/mi for the past few months. According to the sticker under my frunk cover, I have a 74 kwh battery. That yields a 74000 Wh / 231 Wh/mi = 320 mile range (before any battery degradation).
74? Did you get cheated? I thought they were all 75. I don't recall a sticker in the frunk. Will have to check on the morrow.

Trivial to remove - you just pull it up. It can be a little tricky to get all of the pins to snap back in if you don't know how to do it. (You have to push on the back of the frunk well when pushing the front back on.)