Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32A max charge rate of LR Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PCS should be included in battery warranty. Most likely new PCS will only be covered for balance of battery warranty going forward.

Bad news for me, Tesla has officially diagnosed a PCS failure in my car but will not cover the cost under warranty. The cost estimate from Tesla to replace the PCS is over $2000 CDN.

I'll be starting a new thread to properly discuss PCS failures.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
Bad news for me, Tesla has officially diagnosed a PCS failure in my car but will not cover the cost under warranty. The cost estimate from Tesla to replace the PCS is over $2000 CDN.

I'll be starting a new thread to properly discuss PCS failures.

That is ridiculous! The PCS (Power Conversion System) is located in the 'penthouse' that is literally part of the battery pack. How is that not covered under the Battery and Drive Unit limited warranty?

Reactions: Rocky_H
That is ridiculous! The PCS (Power Conversion System) is located in the 'penthouse' that is literally part of the battery pack. How is that not covered under the Battery and Drive Unit limited warranty?
The battery warranty covers the battery. Not parts for the charging system that happen to be physically co-located in the same sheet metal.

Onboard charger on the S/X is under the rear seat. They’re obviously not covered by the battery warranty. It’s not realistic to think the 3/Y will be.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
i have seen in a multiple disussion all points to a reduced charge rate
it occurs on Model 3 SR, which has a max charge rate of 32A and reducesd to 16A
model 3 LR chage rate drops from 48A to 32A, some even drops to 16A

there are new model Y, within 5 weeks of delivery with AC charge rate drops

it appears the quality pf the PCS is questionalble and Tesla has not done thorough testing
for all that experienced this issue, i encourage you to file complain to government. as tesla charges 1700+ to replacement the PCS

i think the once that Tesla replaced, you should file complain too.
when your replacement PCS fails, it may cost 1700+ to replace the PCS

LT123