Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32A max charge rate of LR Model 3

Concestor0

Supporting Member
May 13, 2016
New Lowell
PCS should be included in battery warranty. Most likely new PCS will only be covered for balance of battery warranty going forward.

Bad news for me, Tesla has officially diagnosed a PCS failure in my car but will not cover the cost under warranty. The cost estimate from Tesla to replace the PCS is over $2000 CDN.

I'll be starting a new thread to properly discuss PCS failures.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White

BTaylor32185

Feb 12, 2016
United States
Bad news for me, Tesla has officially diagnosed a PCS failure in my car but will not cover the cost under warranty. The cost estimate from Tesla to replace the PCS is over $2000 CDN.

I'll be starting a new thread to properly discuss PCS failures.

That is ridiculous! The PCS (Power Conversion System) is located in the 'penthouse' that is literally part of the battery pack. How is that not covered under the Battery and Drive Unit limited warranty?

Reactions: Rocky_H

Sophias_dad

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2018
Massachusetts
Is the warranty for Canada profoundly different than the US... Even if the powertrain warranty doesn't cover it(which it should), I'd expect the bumper-to-bumper part of the warranty to cover it.

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
That is ridiculous! The PCS (Power Conversion System) is located in the 'penthouse' that is literally part of the battery pack. How is that not covered under the Battery and Drive Unit limited warranty?
The battery warranty covers the battery. Not parts for the charging system that happen to be physically co-located in the same sheet metal.

Onboard charger on the S/X is under the rear seat. They’re obviously not covered by the battery warranty. It’s not realistic to think the 3/Y will be.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
Even if the powertrain warranty doesn't cover it(which it should)
No Tesla ever sold has a separate powertrain warranty.

You have a full bumper to bumper warranty, a drive unit warranty, and a battery warranty. That’s it. The drive unit and battery warranties cover very specific parts. Not the whole powertrain.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC