Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

32amp commando HELP!

Martin3Martin

Sep 11, 2019
Peterborough
Hi i have got a 32amp commando box fitted...how do i coonect my new M3 to it please? The 16amp connector supplied with the car will not fit, has anyone found a solution to get round this because at the moment i have had to plug it into a normal 3 pin plug!! Thanks a lot

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
Tell you what--a lot of this forum tends to be kind of U.S.-centric. I don't know what equipment is usually used for those commando outlets. There are European regional sections in this forum that would talk about things like that a lot more. I recommend searching some. Google works well to search within this forum:
"commando outlet site:teslamotorsclub.com"

Here are some results:
Adaptors included with a new Tesla

Blue Commando adaptor

UK Cables, Plugs and Supercharging

Home charging advice.

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
It looks like Tesla does sell a blue commando adapter or red commando adapter for their charging cable in their online shop at www.tesla.com. I just can't get my browser to go to the UK version of the site to get a link to it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC