Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

330w panels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I received confirmation email from pge that my application was received from Tesla. Pleased to receive it as I just paid the invoice a couple days ago. However I noticed that in the application it says the panels used were q cell duo blk g6 330. Is there any way this is true? Everything has always said 340w. I know the difference isnt much but that would be pretty shady on Teslas part. I emailed the project advisor to see what he says.

I know the difference isnt much but that would be pretty shady on Teslas part. I emailed the project advisor to see what he says.

Panel availability fluctuates a lot. I don't think I've had a project yet where I got to use the panels I'd planned to use. As long as they don't charge you for 8kW and only deliver 7.8kW I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Helpful
Reactions: All In
To clarify the installation is complete and I've already paid for a 8.16 kw system. I'm just waiting for the pto from pge and the only reason I know they are 330w is because I received a copy of the paperwork Tesla sent pge for my final review.

Honestly, my guess would be that it’s a typo and that tesla is planning to use the 340W panels. As far as I know Tesla is only installing 340W panels. They do tend to switch panel types occasionally, but when they switch they switch across the board and the last switch was from 315W panels to 340W panels back in June. We here on this forum haven’t seen anything other than 340W panels since then and we’ve never seen tesla install 330W Hanwha panels.

The installation was the same array as my plan and contract said. 24 panels for 8.16 kw. I agree its weird to see 330 as in not sure why Tesla would even have possession of those panels if they went from 315 to 340. We will see what the advisor responds with but I'll definitely get a credit back if they did in fact give me a smaller sized system.

The installation was the same array as my plan and contract said. 24 panels for 8.16 kw. I agree its weird to see 330 as in not sure why Tesla would even have possession of those panels if they went from 315 to 340. We will see what the advisor responds with but I'll definitely get a credit back if they did in fact give me a smaller sized system.

If they did install 330 instead of 340 and didn't add panels to compensate, that would be almost a 3% loss and should reduce your bill from Tesla by $482.35.

$16,400 * (1-330/340)