Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

34 Panels, 3 Powerwalls, Self Consumption / Self-Powered Mode On... No Production.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Extremely frustrating as I have had so many Tesla employees tell me different things.

34 panels, 3 powerwalls were installed a little over a month ago at my home. Im awaiting PTO. I was told we can self produce from our panels and fill our powerwalls by the installation team. Sadly, since install, it hasnt. Breakers are on, powerwalls have wifi and are on, inverters are on, app is set correctly, etc.... nothing. Zero production.

Call center help, isnt really helping. They keep sending emails to my local warehouse (Rehman Mass) and they never do anything.

Any advice, super appreciated.

Extremely frustrating as I have had so many Tesla employees tell me different things.

34 panels, 3 powerwalls were installed a little over a month ago at my home. Im awaiting PTO. I was told we can self produce from our panels and fill our powerwalls by the installation team. Sadly, since install, it hasnt. Breakers are on, powerwalls have wifi and are on, inverters are on, app is set correctly, etc.... nothing. Zero production.

Call center help, isnt really helping. They keep sending emails to my local warehouse (Rehman Mass) and they never do anything.

Any advice, super appreciated.

Since in another thread you mention error messages, I believe your path is back with tesla to either send someone out to check your error message or escalate to L2 to check.

Im having this same issue. I logged in as an installer, and see my PW+ are enabled under solar assembly, but I have an error stating:

DC OVER VOLTAGE. CHECK DC WIRING CONNECTIONS, PANELS, AND STRING CONFIGURATIONS".

Tesla solar has been pure hell for me. No other way to describe it.

Did the installer ever demonstrate that it was working before they left?

Screenshots of the app? Sounds like they see them. Does the app correctly show house loads and grid consumption?

Have you tried connecting the Powerwall or inverters directly over your network.

1. No, they didnt

2. AB235144-B03B-4CD8-858A-45775D86518A.png

3. No clue how or what that even means.

For point 3, since you mention "I logged on as installer", it appears you do know how to log into the gateway to check what it says about the status of your equipment. Regular owners are not supposed to log on as installer, and are not provided that information from tesla. We are only provided information on how to log on as customer. Nevertheless, the login is in the same place.

For point 3, since you mention "I logged on as installer", it appears you do know how to log into the gateway to check what it says about the status of your equipment. Regular owners are not supposed to log on as installer, and are not provided that information from tesla. We are only provided information on how to log on as customer. Nevertheless, the login is in the same place.

Im a moron for this stuff and dont understand the terminology. LOL

They never showed me how to login, or gave me the password. Ill try to do so in a few.

Im a moron for this stuff and dont understand the terminology. LOL

They never showed me how to login, or gave me the password. Ill try to do so in a few.

Here are the instructions that tesla provides for logging into the gateway to check / monitor:

Note that the regular customer login does not provide information you posted above of error messages, it only shows the same thing the tesla app shows as far as production, etc. The "set to non export while waiting for PTO" settings are still new for many of us, and only apply to people with powerwall+ inverters.

If it were me in your shoes, I would try powercycling everything like you would a network (starting with turning the powerwalls off, then solar inverter if possible, then breakers for both, then reset the gateway, then turn it back on in reverse order that you turned it off). Other than that, and escalating to tesla, I dont have any other suggestions, myself.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Here are the instructions that tesla provides for logging into the gateway to check / monitor:

Note that the regular customer login does not provide information you posted above of error messages, it only shows the same thing the tesla app shows as far as production, etc. The "set to non export while waiting for PTO" settings are still new for many of us, and only apply to people with powerwall+ inverters.

If it were me in your shoes, I would try powercycling everything like you would a network (starting with turning the powerwalls off, then solar inverter if possible, then breakers for both, then reset the gateway, then turn it back on in reverse order that you turned it off). Other than that, and escalating to tesla, I dont have any other suggestions, myself.

Reset everything, twice, and still nothing. Extremely frustrating. 40k system that doesnt work, and Tesla basically refuses to send someone out to see why.

At this point, Id rather them take it back, and be done with it. Note, it took over a year for our installation and this is where we sit.

Have you tried calling Tesla Energy Support 1-877-961-7652? They usually have more clue than the general support line.

Well your app is at least provisioned and the system is calling home to the mothership. Do the settings show anything interesting. Given how fast Tesla changes their processes and systems it is a little challenging to extrapolate from experience that is a recent as 6 months ago. If the system is physically setup correctly it should be possible to operate.

I would start trying to connect to the solar inverter (are you getting a Tesla WiFi network being advertised?). I don't know if that is the same as the Powerwall+ configuration. My experience is with the standalone solar inverter and the standalone Powerwall. If the solar inverter is not happy then the rest is pretty academic.