Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#34 Salvage auction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think paying $12k to part it out might be a good deal. Paying $12k to rebuild it seems like a bad deal to me though.
$12,000 for car with salvage title + $9,000 for panels and suspension + $38,000 for battery + ? = $59,000 + ?
For the same money you could get a CPO Roadster with a 3 year warranty with a real title (not a salvage one)

Of course, the whole equation changes if the battery wasn't bricked.

Unfortunately, no. I know Adam Solar on here, and I also know the former owner of this Roadster (not Leo). It was live bidding that it went for $12,000. They usually do preliminary bidding, then live bidding. We found it right before it went live and have been following it.

Hey PV1 who are you!? (I assumed we'd have to know each other if you're a solar guy in the Burgh') And I was there at 5 min til auction close about to hit enter for $10k and it jumped to $12k. What an emotional roller coaster. It took a lot of restraint to keep from continuing playing the game, and who knows Top Gear might have gone for $15k+. And yes the battery was good with 67 miles of charge as of Wednesday. But there could have been problems still from an impact like that. Model X dreaming now... but it would have been fun to rebuild it and blog it. I'm sure I'll have $20k in this CRX conversion soon and it just won't ever be the same as an original Tesla... The plan was to sell the TSLA stock to pay for the deal too which would have been really cool. Keep this thread posted or start a new one if anyone sees what happens to #34. Cheers.

Lets try to get people organized for the next time something like this comes up where its not able to be restored... rather see them restored for sure.

Possibly a new thread/section can be created, somehow a moderator / organizer / and divide the states up where its feasible with resources. I personally have a car hauler if its around my area so keep that in mind.

I think since the Roadsters are now going out of warranty this will be a valuable thing to keep them going for some time at a reasonable price.