Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. Should the white boxes be the charging stations then I have good news. The reported 8 is wrong, I counted 20. I am a new owner so excuse me if I am wrong about the white boxes.

Well you are kind of wrong, but in a very good way :)

Each of those boxes is a supercharger unit, but each one supports *two* supercharger stalls. That would make this a 40 stall supercharger location!

(P.S. Yes, the 8 on sc.info is just a default minimum which often means "we don't know how many" when in the early stages.)

Reactions: Acps110 and MiamiEV
Still looks far from finished today. some things of note.

1. Should the white boxes be the charging stations then I have good news. The reported 8 is wrong, I counted 20. I am a new owner so excuse me if I am wrong about the white boxes.
2. Location. Not a fan of the brand new parking garage where the stations are most likely being installed n the bottom floor having a sign warning about flooding during heavy rainstorms.
Thanks for the information.

Those white cabinets are definitely Supercharger Cabinets.

For the original type of Supercharger with a capacity of 120 kW, 20 Supercharger Cabinets would mean that they are installing 40 charging stalls!!

For this type of installation, using Brickell as an example, it is likely that they would be installing Urban type Superchargers.

If they are installing the Urban type of Supercharger, I do not know with certainty whether they have one or two charging stalls per Supercharger Cabinet.

However, independently we have received very credible information that Tesla plans to install 40 charging stations. We held off sharing the information until we had some sort of additional independent supporting information. So while it is not yet 100% certain, it is nevertheless likely that even Urban type Superchargers share two charging stalls per Supercharger Cabinet even if each stall gets the full 72 kW capacity.

So in summary, it is likely that this is a 40 stall Supercharging Station. In the worst case it is a 20 stall Supercharging Station.

Larry

In studying other Urban Supercharger installations, it appears that even Urban Superchargers share two charging stalls per Supercharger Cabinet.
Therefore, this further supports the likelihood that we are dealing with 40 charging stalls even if they are Urban type Superchargers.

Larry

Reactions: jbcarioca
Still looks far from finished today. some things of note.

2. Location. Not a fan of the brand new parking garage where the stations are most likely being installed n the bottom floor having a sign warning about flooding during heavy rainstorms.

Counted 20 also... took picture of it yesterday...

Attachments

• DA60C421-7614-4BD8-A045-9C5AEC8E7995.jpeg
    DA60C421-7614-4BD8-A045-9C5AEC8E7995.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: GoCanes
Agreed about 40 charging stalls, but they are already connected, it's impossible to park 40 cars. The distance between each 2 stalls should be more.
Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I don't follow your comment. Can you please elaborate?

The white boxes are the Supercharger Cabinets, not the Supercharger Charging Terminals (stalls). The Cabinets are located away from the Terminals with two Terminals connected to each Cabinet. The Terminals are positioned adjacent to parking spots. There shouldn't be any difficulty parking the cars.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Looks like the installation in Aventura is coming along nicely. Looks like the system is being mounted away from the charging station. Then they are installing a large conduit to run all the lines. Simple posts with the super chargers by each spot. Can’t wait.

Attachments

• 81206974-F4D7-4266-A72E-5C598500624F.jpeg
    81206974-F4D7-4266-A72E-5C598500624F.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 4A5E0D73-BC69-4F8C-84D2-4CFFBC9A6857.jpeg
    4A5E0D73-BC69-4F8C-84D2-4CFFBC9A6857.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 237
  • D5A9879C-AAF7-4210-8F4B-9AE5062E8A01.jpeg
    D5A9879C-AAF7-4210-8F4B-9AE5062E8A01.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 229
  • FED2FB8F-8559-49F1-B75C-6ACA89780420.jpeg
    FED2FB8F-8559-49F1-B75C-6ACA89780420.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 242
  • EC97D78A-9CF4-435E-8D4A-9E885CE970A6.jpeg
    EC97D78A-9CF4-435E-8D4A-9E885CE970A6.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 236
Looks like the installation in Aventura is coming along nicely. Looks like the system is being mounted away from the charging station. Then they are installing a large conduit to run all the lines. Simple posts with the super chargers by each spot. Can’t wait.
By my count this morning, it looks like they are installing 20 chargers. But there may be room for others on the other side of the garage ramp.

• Informative
Reactions: jbcarioca and Chuq
The three urban supercharger stations I have seen myself have all had greater dispersion of individual terminals (stalls) than has been teh case for traditional Superchargers. It looks form the photos so nicely supplied by @GoCanes that this is the case for Aventura also. So far, BTW, Urban Supercharger installations seem normally to have many more stalls than is customary for conventional Superchargers. That makes sense too, because most Urban Superchargers seem to be loaded around multi-Unit Dwellings which might not have accessible home charging options. This is really quite exciting!

By my count this morning, it looks like they are installing 20 chargers. But there may be room for others on the other side of the garage ramp.
Hi Ed,

Urban Superchargers, like the original Superchargers, have two terminals connected to each Supercharger cabinet. That means that this installations should ultimately accommodate 40 terminals because we have counted 20 Supercharger Cabinets. In addition, we have received independent information from a credible source that there will be 40 charging stalls.

Larry

Hi Ed,

Urban Superchargers, like the original Superchargers, have two terminals connected to each Supercharger cabinet. That means that this installations should ultimately accommodate 40 terminals because we have counted 20 Supercharger Cabinets. In addition, we have received independent information from a credible source that there will be 40 charging stalls.

Larry
So there are also about ten HPWC in the same garage that are used exclusively by the relocated Tesla store for test drive vehicles. They’ve been in place since January when the store moved to the new location. Could it be that some of those cabinets were installed back then to power those chargers?

So there are also about ten HPWC in the same garage that are used exclusively by the relocated Tesla store for test drive vehicles. They’ve been in place since January when the store moved to the new location. Could it be that some of those cabinets were installed back then to power those chargers?
The Supercharger Cabinets are providing Level 3 Direct Current at almost 400 volts. The Tesla Wall Connectors are Level 2 Alternating Current devices operating at a nominal voltage of 208 volts. So the Supercharger Cabinets can not power those Wall Connectors.

Larry

Last edited:
This is as of Saturday, April 21st at Aventura Mall. The other side of the garage is also filled with chargers but I only got one picture. The chargers appear to be finished but I can’t comments on status of the ancillary work.
Thanks.

The photo looks like there are at least an additional 18 charging terminals. Did you happen to count them? Are there an additional 20 terminals?

Larry

Last edited: