Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I go to North Miami for 3 months in the winter and would love to ship my Tesla, but I'm unable to charge at my condo.
On Tesla's supercharger map they indicate 2 new chargers to be open by end of year at Aventura Mall and Wynwood, both within a 10-minute drive.
Does anyone have more detailed news of exactly when they'll be opening? I'd love to ship my Tesla otherwise I'll be sending my ICE

Happy Holidays
Ron

• Informative
Reactions: Electric700
Virtually zero chance that they will be open by the end of this month. This site shows superchargers under construction and those sites are not showing up yet.
supercharge.info

Having said that, supercharging is not the only option. There are a number of public level 2 options in that area if you're willing to leave your car for a while. This site will show most of them.
PlugShare Web v2

There is also a Florida Tesla Enthusiasts member (see my signature) who has posted 2 J1772 chargers in our private charging network. His location is on W. Country Club in Aventura.

Virtually zero chance that they will be open by the end of this month. This site shows superchargers under construction and those sites are not showing up yet.
supercharge.info

Bear in mind the content there is sourced from forums such as this one. If locals don't go scouting and finding the under-construction sites, they aren't going to appear on supercharge.info!

Reactions: Larry Chanin
Really you should not worry about bringing your Tesla. There are Superchargers open in Florida City and Plantation. Numerous supermarkets, shops, hotels and public garages have L2 charging available. The Brickell Superchargers are nearly complete and may open still in December, although realistically it's probably going to be January.

There are a quite a few destination chargers too, and a number of CHAdeMO if you have an adapter.

If you plan to be around Brickell, the Hampton Inn had both destination charger and J1772, they work perfectly and are free except for the parking fee, which in about the cheapest in the area, FWIW, I use that one myself quite frequently.

Should you shop, Sawgrass Mills has a string of four J1772 that work perfectly. Almost everyone who goes there spends hours so if you're in a hurry. Plantation is close by.

Bal Harbour Shops and the ST regis both have Tesla Destination Chargers.

I'm only mentioning ones that are free. Aventura Mall has paid ones at Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. All over South Florida there are lots of options, and more arrive almost every week. Superchargers are doing so too, just not quite soon enough for you.

I spent several months with no charger in my condo in Coral Gables. It ended out being quite easy. Much more so now, three years later.

BTW, driving from Miami to Quebec City and back when I did that last year ended out being quite easy. Now it's even easier.

Also, the Whole Foods in So Miami and downtown have free ChargePoint J1772 chargers and several municipal parking garages in Coral Gables have chargers as well (though not free).
...as does the Publix on Red Road 1500 SW 57th Ave
There are also Tesla chargers in the parking garage of the Coral Gables Hyatt, enter on Giralda Ave ( FWIW i live exactly across the street from that Hyatt and will happily provide charging if somebody needs it if I am in CG)

I found the Aventura Mall Superchargers being installed in the bottom of the new mall garage built near the newly relocated Tesla store in the mall. They will be tucked away in a below grade ramp that’s somewhat hidden (good for de-iceing issues). It’s in the early stages of running conduits, but they have all the equipment onsite.
Good spotting! Any idea how many stalls they are planning?

Couldn’t tell, but I’ll be back there next week & will check on the progress. The guys in the Tesla store said they’d be operating by the end of March, but that’s probably on the “Tesla Time” calendar!
Thanks for all your reconnaissance efforts. I wonder if the guys at the store were just trying to be funny. If not, they obviously don't know that construction just started.

Larry

This was the site of the Aventura Mall Supercharger as of last night. It does not look 5 days from completion.

Attachments

• 29468050_10216088254103365_4627534366145249280_o.jpg
    29468050_10216088254103365_4627534366145249280_o.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Still looks far from finished today. some things of note.

1. Should the white boxes be the charging stations then I have good news. The reported 8 is wrong, I counted 20. I am a new owner so excuse me if I am wrong about the white boxes.
2. Location. Not a fan of the brand new parking garage where the stations are most likely being installed n the bottom floor having a sign warning about flooding during heavy rainstorms.

Attachments

• IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Informative
Reactions: TI Sailor and Chuq