Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

350kw chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in Vegas for the KBIS show and just happened by these new "Electrify America" stalls at the "Las Vegas South Premium Outlets" while picking up my wife from her shopping spree, they are not active yet but there are 6 stalls each with 2 cords, 1 stall is 150/50, 3 stalls are 150/150 and 2 stalls are 350/350, the 2 cords must be a redundancy thing as the parking is not there, Can the Model 3 here in North America ever get the CCS combo charging option or possibly an adapter?
a60E6Qu6SXCqKrYyqWBOcQ.jpg
Kd+1qxLuR8WO0GbmnSjexg.jpg

Tesla Model 3 can theoretically get to about 150-180 kwh DC charge speeds since it was designed for Tesla's eventual roll out of the newer gen charge station.

There's no way you're ever going to charge current gen Model 3 @ 350.
Yeah, understand that, I was thinking more of added locations to charge at current supercharger speeds or slightly higher but I have been reading that CCS will likely never be an option for us in North America because our cars would have to be retrofitted.

Wonder if Tesla even wants owners in US to go CCS. Math says it is cheaper if we can charge 150kwh at $0.35/min. In 30 minutes charge, that is half the price Tesla charges.... and slower too.
would not be that much cheaper as I add about 42 kW in an ideal 30 min supercharger session or about 84 kWh overall speed, maxing at 120kw so speed bump of maximum 25% or 105 kWh overall max, probably less with the protective ramp down on the battery so even at plus 25%

CCS at say 52.5 kw in 30 min is $10.50
SC at 42 kw in 30 min is $0.28 per kw is $11.76
CCS comes out at $0.20 per kw, still a bit cheaper for sure but less than 30%

Right now on the Euro CCS we have seen a max charge speed of 126 kw so Tesla would also have to allow a little faster charging which we should be getting this year.

would not be that much cheaper as I add about 42 kW in an ideal 30 min supercharger session or about 84 kWh overall speed, maxing at 120kw so speed bump of maximum 25% or 105 kWh overall max, probably less with the protective ramp down on the battery so even at plus 25%

CCS at say 52.5 kw in 30 min is $10.50
SC at 42 kw in 30 min is $0.28 per kw is $11.76
CCS comes out at $0.20 per kw, still a bit cheaper for sure but less than 30%

Right now on the Euro CCS we have seen a max charge speed of 126 kw so Tesla would also have to allow a little faster charging which we should be getting this year.

You seem to be mixing up kW and kWh from time to time.

Charge rate is kW. I’m charging at rate of 120 kW, the maximum output of a Supercharger.

Energy added is kWh. I added 50 kWh of energy to my battery in my 30 minute charging session.

Both terms used together: I charged at 11 kW for two hours, adding 22 kWh of energy to the battery.

Last edited:
You seem to be mixing up kW and kWh from time to time.

Charge rate is kW. I’m charging at rate of 120 kW, the maximum output of a Supercharger.

Energy added is kWh. I added 50 kWh of energy to my battery in my 30 minute charging session.

Both terms used together: I charged at 11 kW for two hours, adding 22 kWh of energy to the battery.
I just drove 5 hours from Vegas, I was tired, I tripped over a rock, the sun got in my eyes! I....I...messed that one up didn't
I

Reactions: 503M3