Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

351 Mile Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps .. but the 22's look *really* good .. and my driving range needs are minimal ..

Also, I would probably just install less sticky tires before changing the wheels .. Nobody talks about it but these Scorpions can probably account for a good bit of that range loss ..

You are probably right its more tire than rim. Problem is there isn't many tire choices for staggered 22".

I contacted customer service today and this is what I was told. Will try this..

Tesla Rep: Ok so I do see an update that went through yesterday for that. So to see the range increase what your going to want to do is exercise the cells in the battery, how you will do this is charge the car to 100% then use down to about 20%. Repeat this a few times and you should see that range increase.

Me: oh.....do you know how many times I need to do this?

Tesla Rep: So I would do it about three times and you should start to see that range increase.

Me: Ok thanks....will try that and contact you again if it does not increase

The range increase only applies to long range version not performance
Here’s the ranges on the Tesla order page this morning

Attachments

• B8DD1960-B751-4077-A419-2F7187DF8181.png
    B8DD1960-B751-4077-A419-2F7187DF8181.png
    382.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 5CA2FD18-9B41-4A4B-AE97-DBFC92DFEE4E.png
    5CA2FD18-9B41-4A4B-AE97-DBFC92DFEE4E.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 77
Here’s the ranges on the Tesla order page this morning
Not sure if this has been discussed, but could the difference between the Performance and regular LR+ MX mean a motor change? Originally MS/MX had induction front and rear motors. Then (Raven?) switched the front motor to the permanent magnet style used in Model 3. Now with this range increase perhaps the non-performance cars have fully switched to the Model 3 motors in both front and rear (PM, range increase) and the performance still uses the front/rear split induction & PM, hence no change in range?

I know in the menus of your car if you click "more info" it tells you what type of motor you have installed.

I contacted customer service today and this is what I was told. Will try this..

Tesla Rep: Ok so I do see an update that went through yesterday for that. So to see the range increase what your going to want to do is exercise the cells in the battery, how you will do this is charge the car to 100% then use down to about 20%. Repeat this a few times and you should see that range increase.

Me: oh.....do you know how many times I need to do this?

Tesla Rep: So I would do it about three times and you should start to see that range increase.

Me: Ok thanks....will try that and contact you again if it does not increase

did the rep tell you about any specific configuration or battery model etc to confirm this is the case for range increase?

thanks

I’m starting to wonder if this new increased regen just released in 2020.8.1 on Model S/X (Raven only I think) is the increase to 351 miles range.

One test on that Theory is, did Performance Raven’s get the increased Regen in their release notes on release 2020.8.1?

BTW
the increase is 7.0% on Model X
the increase is 4.5% on Model S

Probably in the realm of improved Regen.

Wouldn’t the EPA rating change if they improved Regen along with the new Hold Mode released a while back now which also can slightly in crease efficiency?

Also curious for folks that did get the 351 Plus update, does it mention increased Regen. You can look at your history of release notes in the software settings, right near where you can select advanced updates.

I’m starting to wonder if this new increased regen just released in 2020.8.1 on Model S/X (Raven only I think) is the increase to 351 miles range.

One test on that Theory is, did Performance Raven’s get the increased Regen in their release notes on release 2020.8.1?

BTW
the increase is 7.0% on Model X
the increase is 4.5% on Model S

Probably in the realm of improved Regen.

Wouldn’t the EPA rating change if they improved Regen along with the new Hold Mode released a while back now which also can slightly in crease efficiency?

Also curious for folks that did get the 351 Plus update, does it mention increased Regen. You can look at your history of release notes in the software settings, right near where you can select advanced updates.
I did not get an increased range but did get increased regen on my December 19 delivery. I don’t have any numbers but the feel test says my efficiency is improved around town because of the increased regen. Freeway seems the same as before, which is what I would expect.

Took delivery today in the UK of MX LR build date was 01/13 Vin is 241***, rated range was showing 314 on software 2020.4.1, and have battery F.
Hoping with software 2020.8.1 will see increased range seem to have all the hardware required even though in the UK our range is rated by WLTP and LR+ has not officially been launched. Wait and see.

Took delivery today in the UK of MX LR build date was 01/13 Vin is 241***, rated range was showing 314 on software 2020.4.1, and have battery F.
Hoping with software 2020.8.1 will see increased range seem to have all the hardware required even though in the UK our range is rated by WLTP and LR+ has not officially been launched. Wait and see.

My September 2019 MX LR has consistently shown a rated range of between 322 and 326 since I got it. On software 2020.8.1 it shows 328 which is the highest I’ve seen. Irrelevant really as, as you say, we use WLTP, and the actual range (as opposed to the rated range) depends on weather, road conditions, how you drive it, etc.

My Feb 2020 build LR+ had the range fixed by update 2020.8.1.1 (not 2020.8.1). Now shows 336 miles at 95% SOC, or 353 miles at 100% calc.

As delivered with 2019.x.x, calc 292mi, 2020,4.x, 292. 2020.8.1 292. 2020.8.1.1, 353 mi. 3 updates in 40 hrs.

Whew... One less thing to dink with.
Totally jealous. Congrats! Was the range update automatic after you updated?