Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

351 Mile Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it’s worth Tesla appears to be charging $3900 for LR Plus. I ordered a Model X LR Plus build earlier this week and switched to an inventory car yesterday. The sheet on the inventory car had $81,000 for the Model X and $3,900 for Long Range Plus upgrade. This is typical Muskism at the end of a quarter...I would anticipate a slew of Model X 328 mile range cars hitting the street in the next couple of weeks at $81,000 and if not the range upgrade may simply be a software update that most everyone with a Raven will be seeing.

As a owner of three Tesla’s the most frustrating thing for me and I dare say other long term owners is the charades, back/forth and inconsistencies of Musk and his pricing. The early owners are tramped on. Just be upfront....people complain about Trump tweets, Musk in some regards takes it to a whole new level!

• Disagree
Reactions: MountainRatMat
For what it’s worth Tesla appears to be charging $3900 for LR Plus. I ordered a Model X LR Plus build earlier this week and switched to an inventory car yesterday. The sheet on the inventory car had $81,000 for the Model X and $3,900 for Long Range Plus upgrade. This is typical Muskism at the end of a quarter...I would anticipate a slew of Model X 328 mile range cars hitting the street in the next couple of weeks at $81,000 and if not the range upgrade may simply be a software update that most everyone with a Raven will be seeing.

As a owner of three Tesla’s the most frustrating thing for me and I dare say other long term owners is the charades, back/forth and inconsistencies of Musk and his pricing. The early owners are tramped on. Just be upfront....people complain about Trump tweets, Musk in some regards takes it to a whole new level!
When I configured my X in December the total cost was 102,500 GBP - the same congfiguration now shows as 106,500 4K pounds in two months !

I would check the part number on your battery. The last letter of newer models is "F" - look inside front passenger wheel area.
I was 11/19 production with VIN of 234819 - and Ive got the F (see attached)
How do you know this is the determining factor that we will get the extended range at some point? Would like to read more if anyone has any suggestions.
Many thanks.

Attachments

• 66B63C69-C5AD-4428-80EF-6FFEC79FBAEA.jpeg
    66B63C69-C5AD-4428-80EF-6FFEC79FBAEA.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 103
For what it’s worth Tesla appears to be charging $3900 for LR Plus. I ordered a Model X LR Plus build earlier this week and switched to an inventory car yesterday. The sheet on the inventory car had $81,000 for the Model X and $3,900 for Long Range Plus upgrade
I was wondering about the same for some time and a quick goole search shows that the $81k base price was there since at least mid 2019 with the LR on top for $3900 or "included" for free if you get the performance version (but the Performance itself adding like $21k or something).

So I think this is nothing.

I’m still convinced LR+ is simply a change in EPA methodology which is why us in the UK don’t see the extra range advertised for the same car. I don’t see any new hardware except for the F battery designation and if this was significant we would have heard about it. I remain sceptical about LR+ being anything other than EPA changes!!

Reactions: msm859
I placed an order on 2/13. I was concerned on whether I would get a LR+ since it was announced on 2/14. I received a text on morning of 2/29 that my car was ready to be delivered. The same day I called the sales rep at Santana Row to look up my VIN and she told me that my car was just a LR and not a LR+. Moments later a rep from the Fremont Delivery Center called to set up a pick up appointment. She couldn't confirm that my X was a LR+ but said it's getting an update. So I was setup to pick up my X today (3/1) at 2 pm.

Today, I get into a Lyft at 1 pm from San Jose to head to Fremont. A 1:04 pm, I received a text from Tesla, "Hello we will not be able to facilitate delivery today, please reach out to us at your earliest convenience."

Of course, I didn't look at my phone until I arrived in Fremont. I called back the number and the Telsa guy apologized to me to state that my delivery will be held up for a couple of days for an update. I asked him on whether the car will be a LR+ and he said that is the reason for the delay. He said all the paperwork should be uploaded to reflect the change. We'll see.

After wasting $60 on Lyft, I will demand them to deliver my X to me.

I placed an order on 2/13. I was concerned on whether I would get a LR+ since it was announced on 2/14. I received a text on morning of 2/29 that my car was ready to be delivered. The same day I called the sales rep at Santana Row to look up my VIN and she told me that my car was just a LR and not a LR+. Moments later a rep from the Fremont Delivery Center called to set up a pick up appointment. She couldn't confirm that my X was a LR+ but said it's getting an update. So I was setup to pick up my X today (3/1) at 2 pm.

Today, I get into a Lyft at 1 pm from San Jose to head to Fremont. A 1:04 pm, I received a text from Tesla, "Hello we will not be able to facilitate delivery today, please reach out to us at your earliest convenience."

Of course, I didn't look at my phone until I arrived in Fremont. I called back the number and the Telsa guy apologized to me to state that my delivery will be held up for a couple of days for an update. I asked him on whether the car will be a LR+ and he said that is the reason for the delay. He said all the paperwork should be uploaded to reflect the change. We'll see.

After wasting $60 on Lyft, I will demand them to deliver my X to me.
Or just have them refund you 60 dollars and be STOKED you got an extra 50 miles of range that the x desperately needs...

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
We ordered our MX on 12/22, it was built on 12/27, and delivered on 12/31. We have the E series battery which I find really odd considering the build date so I'm hoping that isn't actually a factor WRT the range increase. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: StanMI
Correction VIN 249xxx
We ordered our MX on 12/22, it was built on 12/27, and delivered on 12/31. We have the E series battery which I find really odd considering the build date so I'm hoping that isn't actually a factor WRT the range increase. I guess we'll see.

Others will know better than I do but that seems like a very quick turnaround especially towards the end of the year when everyone trying to get the tax rebate rush. It seems like you got an inventory car.

Quoting my post from the investor thread...got the range update firmware yesterday. My X was manufactured 02/20 - max range is now showing as 353 miles.

So I assumed there was no range update based on release notes, but it appears I was incorrect. (I have range displayed in terms of battery percentage so had to switch over to see the max range in terms of miles.) Just switched and checked max range in app - 353 miles.

Nice!

View attachment 517451