Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

351 Mile Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Others will know better than I do but that seems like a very quick turnaround especially towards the end of the year when everyone trying to get the tax rebate rush. It seems like you got an inventory car.
I would normally agree but this was built for our order. Our wonderful salesperson let us know that he would contact us if any inventory cars did become available with our configuration since it was so close to the end of the year and we wanted the last of the tax credit but also let us know that because we were in Oregon if they started building it, the car would be built in a day but transport would take 2-3 days. Our build date shows as 12/2019.

Looking at the 10 or so Model X inventory cars in Vancouver, it seems all cars after VIN 240xxx are long range plus. Under that, it seems to vary.

239489 LR+
239992 LR
240504 LR+

My VIN is inside this range so very interested in how this plays out.

SF Bay Area is a mixed bag of VINs. Several LR with VIN as low as 241 and as high as 248. LR+ have VINs as low as 242 and as high as 262. No clear demarcation of VINs for LR v. LR+.

LR - 241 https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJXCAE29LF241051
LR - 244 2020 Model X | Tesla
LR - 248 2020 Model X | Tesla

LR+ - 242 2020 Model X | Tesla
LR+ - 244 2020 Model X | Tesla
LR+ - 248 2020 Model X | Tesla
LR+ - 249 2020 Model X | Tesla
LR+ - 250 2020 Model X | Tesla
LR+ - 260 https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJXCBE22LF260904
LR+ - 262 https://www.tesla.com/new/5YJXCAE26LF262276

Reactions: mswlogo
I just took delivery of our second MX last night -- this one the LR+. It was originally a LR and then "converted" to LR+ over the weekend via the software/firmware update. All my paperwork says LR+ as well as the instrument cluster.

But...my full range is nowhere near 351. I charged to 90% last night only got to 262 miles. I thought maybe this was an ideal vs rated issue but I don't see anywhere in the software to make a change. Also the app show 294 max.

My version info is 2020.4.11

Any ideas what is going on???

• Informative
Reactions: Cherry Wine
I just took delivery of our second MX last night -- this one the LR+. It was originally a LR and then "converted" to LR+ over the weekend via the software/firmware update. All my paperwork says LR+ as well as the instrument cluster.

But...my full range is nowhere near 351. I charged to 90% last night only got to 262 miles. I thought maybe this was an ideal vs rated issue but I don't see anywhere in the software to make a change. Also the app show 294 max.

I would contact Tesla service via the app or the delivery center - it seems like there may be a battery management software calibration error. I have read in passing about a method to calibrate the battery management software in the event of incorrect values by running the battery to near zero, but I would contact Tesla before I did so - especially on a brand new vehicle. Personally, I have my battery state set to display in terms of percentage rather than distance -- it might help put the issue out of your mind by doing so until the error is resolved.

Interesting. Are you comfortable sharing the approximate range of the last 6 VIN digits? I'm guessing lower than 248XXX based on the data shared here recently.

EDIT: Also, your vehicle may not be properly showing the increased max range based on @MX4MZ's experience.

Try charging to a true 100% and it will probably all sync up.

Make sure you don't leave it at 100% and be prepared to drive 10% off it.