Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

351 Mile Range!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if there's a difference between the rated range of a E vs F battery pack revision.

My F battery pack is at 300 (I rarely hit this though unless I drive like a grandma, I also have retrofitted 22 inch wheels).

I’m pretty sure efficiency takes a significant hit when you have 22” wheels vs 20” so seeing how you get close to 20” efficiency even when driving like grandma is pretty good.

I’ve got a P-Raven E battery and the update notes mentioned adjusted Regen. Not sure this is the same message others have seen, pic included.

I don’t notice any significant regen changes during city driving. Range remains the same.

Attachments

• AF0EB104-1939-4CEE-B09A-4E6ED5C25350.jpeg
    AF0EB104-1939-4CEE-B09A-4E6ED5C25350.jpeg
    477 KB · Views: 94
I’ve got a P-Raven E battery and the update notes mentioned adjusted Regen. Not sure this is the same message others have seen, pic included.

I don’t notice any significant regen changes during city driving. Range remains the same.

Performance cars got the same Release notes and the same new Rev battery but they don’t get an official increase in range.

I do think Regen is better. Doesn’t feel much different but better wh/mi around town. But that might be in my head. Not sure regen even comes into play on EPA testing. I heard they just run the car on a dyno at some constant speed and do some calculation on it.

Finally got my car back yesterday, updated it to 2020.8.2, regen feels stronger, F battery, end of December delivery , no range update yet. Still 323 range. Wh/mi is around 290 after the short drive back from Burbank service, before I think it was over 300 wh/mi.

Positive note, the stronger regen update cuts down on the low speed accel and decel clunk when you tap the accelerator pedal or release it abruptly , so points to the regen or caliper brakes causing the clunk in the rear

Two questions:
  • Has any MX owner with an 'E' battery gotten the increased range?
  • If you have a MX 'Long Range' did either display change to 'Long Range Plus' after you got the increased range?
Not mine. It’s at service right now with 12.1 staged. I specifically asked on the service request for them to look at the long range plus upgrade. No word yet. And I have E late Dec 19.

What was interesting, is that my car always said Model X Long Range Plus on the instrument cluster from day one (Feb build) yet it had a ~290 mile indicated range, and software 2019.40.x on delivery day. Everything said Long Range Plus, but the range was wrong.
So I'm not convinced the LR+ instrument designation is directly part of a documented update.

If you have a MX 'Long Range' did either display change to 'Long Range Plus' after you got the increased range?

the large display showed LR+ as soon as the range update came through. The driver display updated after a reboot. I was always expecting the range update as I had a commitment from the deliver manager, but was pleasantly surprised when the display also started showing LR+.

For those that had the range update, did it takea few charge cycles? Or was it instant?

The range update was not immediate. Post the software update, I hadn’t charged my car for a few days. The first time I plugged it in overnight and voila - the range update had come through. I was so excited that my first reaction was to update this trick on TMC, however when I came here - a bunch of us had got the range update the same day :rolleyes:.

So clearly, charging and receiving the range update that day was just a coincidence. It just happened to be the day when Tesla had unlocked the feature on all cars - it didn’t need another update just an unlock. At least that’s what I was told by the service advisor.

Ah ok , will keep an eye out for it. Hopefully its a real range boost and not just stated/displayed

It doesn't increase the actual range of your model X. This was a retesting of efficiency based on hardware improvements. If you have the updated hardware then you are already at higher efficiency and this just updates the calculations to reflect. It's good to see the update as confirmation that our vehicles have the updated hardware, but in reality it's only affecting resale value, not any performance improvement.

The regen improvement that I believe all ravens got should help, but that seems to be only one piece of the collective improvements that led to the new rating. So far we've also seen the F battery to be another.

• Informative
Reactions: CuriousM3