Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

36.X and Steering Wheel Weight?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 2022.44.25.5 yesterday (first time for cabin cam for me). The cabin camera now provides a clear view of the steering yoke.
Yes.
I think someone posted a picture where it didn’t but that was on model 3 only
711D48EE-E799-4359-95A3-FE4EBFAB9A83.jpeg

Any update on # of minutes on 2022.44.25 before getting the strikeout?
I think it depends more on straightness of the road. I got kicked off at random times. Even during the drive when I would randomly touch the wheel 2-3 min apart. Still got kicked off for rest of drive even though I touched the wheel 30sec prior.

Weight on left didn’t make a difference.

So I’m back to resting my left arm at 9 o’clock, no weight, no kick offs. Seems like it doesn’t require as much force as back in May. So there’s some improvements for those that don’t use “defeat device”.

Anyone tried a weight with a ‘dangly’ component on it, a heavy nut on a springy wire such as a coat hanger wire sticking out at a 90 degree angle? Then with every bump or change in roadway height the nut on a wire would sag or bounce upward and alter the torque. There’d almost never be a constant torque.

Attachments

• 885CD52F-3F6C-47B0-BBA9-DCA578163271.jpeg
    885CD52F-3F6C-47B0-BBA9-DCA578163271.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 42
Anyone tried a weight with a ‘dangly’ component on it, a heavy nut on a springy wire such as a coat hanger wire sticking out at a 90 degree angle? Then with every bump or change in roadway height the nut on a wire would sag or bounce upward and alter the torque. There’d almost never be a constant torque.
Not sure about that specific design, but even non-fixed (dangly) weights seem to lead to forced disengagements & FSD Beta strikes now.

I had a FSD disconnect yesterday. Been using a weight for 6 months now and no problem. Yesterday I got the "steering wheel defeat device detected" and my drive ended. I watch the road, and am ready to take over anytime. I think these safety features are for idiots who want to sleep or read the paper. I've flown autopilots for years and don't have to hold the yoke, but am ready to take over. I find it frustrating.

I had a FSD disconnect yesterday. Been using a weight for 6 months now and no problem. Yesterday I got the "steering wheel defeat device detected" and my drive ended. I watch the road, and am ready to take over anytime. I think these safety features are for idiots who want to sleep or read the paper. I've flown autopilots for years and don't have to hold the yoke, but am ready to take over. I find it frustrating.
Luckily there aren’t pedestrians jumping in front of airplanes or cloud construction.