Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 camera view and hotspot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am confused, what does the 360' camera do exactly?

Something like this:

HTB1Ov_wFVXXXXbxXFXXq6xXFXXXa.jpg

The views from the multiple cameras are combined to make it look like one 360degree view.

See the thread on Twitter with Elon and add your thoughts. This feature is much more relevant in Asia / HK than North America where tight car parks and traffic conditions are not as congested. Given the increasing importance of Greater China to Tesla, its a good time to push for features "technically easy to implement". As noted, Tesla already capture video for the cameras (in dev mode). Not hard to enable that to save footage to the cloud or USD HDD for monitoring.

I wish one of the cameras can act as a dashcam and you are able to access the receded videos from your tesla profile.

The Electrek article sort of suggests that might be a possibility:
"Of course, the idea would be that Tesla owners could be able to use the Autopilot’s cameras as a dashcam and record the content on a separate device connected to the car."

Reactions: Algbc
I am confused, what does the 360' camera do exactly?
Around View Monitor | Nissan USA skip to 0:24 or Nissan Versa Note Around View Monitor.

I've had this on my Leafs since I leased my 1st Leaf at end of July 2013. It's part of the premium package. Became an available feature w/model year 2013. My current owned used Leaf (SV w/premium package) also has it. Let's me see how well lined up I am in a parking spot, helps me ensure there's no concrete parking slab in front of my car if I decide to pull forward out of a space, lets me see how close I am to the curb and helps prevent wheel curb rash.

Nissan has been offering it it on many models for years, including the lowly Versa Note. Other automakers definitely have it, as well. I test drove a Chevy Bolt with it last year.

BMW has even fancier implementations which I think I've played with before. Found
and

Last edited: