Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really noticeable in person unless you are looking for them. Can't see the front camera at all on a AP1 under license plate install. Last picture is during camera calibration. Mirrors still fold.
gGaVOoQ.jpg

P9srAJb.jpg

7oEyhYH.jpg

6FqWkqW.jpg

qS7DIC0.jpg

bkunl9B.jpg

Really nice, thanks!

Can u let us know when everything in stock?

Also I think a detailed write up DIY OR VIDEO are a must if you want people to buy the kit.

No shop or DIYer will know what to do because it’s a specialty item

The pdf instruction is very vague. I am very good w car modifications....I have done the facelift bumper retrofit and auto liftgate add-on...and still having tough time w the pdf instruction

This is a 5 minute video of BearBu’s HDMI and 360 surround view system I installed last weekend. Did another round of calibrating the cameras last night. Still not perfect, but making progress. At the end are a few pictures of sideview mirrors disassembled.

I'm considering 360 cam to my model X. but there is no shop to install them. everyone is scared to install a thing they are not familiar with on a car which is not familiar too.
so I'm planning to do it by myself. BearBu's manual is easy to understand but wiring routes are not mentioned. ex) front cam to host unit under the hood.
where did you get the info how to disassemble the car?

I'm considering 360 cam to my model X. but there is no shop to install them. everyone is scared to install a thing they are not familiar with on a car which is not familiar too.
so I'm planning to do it by myself. BearBu's manual is easy to understand but wiring routes are not mentioned. ex) front cam to host unit under the hood.
where did you get the info how to disassemble the car?

I do not believe there is a single source available for the install. I used BearBu's instructions and watched a bunch of youtube videos of people disassembling their cars for various reasons. What I could not find a video for I just figured out real time. It was not an easy install for me, but it was absolutely worth the effort in my opinion. I use the 360 system all the time. It really is nice to have.

I would say the sideview mirrors were the most challenging by far. There is a good video by a detailer in Colorado. I believe he disassembled a Model X sideview mirror. That is what I used for reference. On my Model S I could not figure out a way to route the camera wire without disassembling the sideview mirror.

Good luck!

Reactions: tsmithlxix
360 view is the biggest hardware deficiency with the car. I have to pull into a tight parking spot every day and the ultrasonics give up counting down at 10 inches so just when you need them the most, they just say "STOP."

I agree. To many false "stops". I think it's a liability thing from Tesla vs tech limitation. How do we submit that as a bug/request?

360 view is the biggest hardware deficiency with the car. I have to pull into a tight parking spot every day and the ultrasonics give up counting down at 10 inches so just when you need them the most, they just say "STOP."

I wish there was a straightforward way to get the 360 installed by someone who knows what they are doing...

I agree with you. If you can find someone to do this for a reasonable price, or decide to tackle the project yourself I do not think you will be disappointed in the setup. I did not have much luck finding someone to install in San Diego either.

It isn't perfect, but it works very well. If you are interested, I've included an updated video where I added an alternate HDMI source from my iPhone/ipad. I don't really use the iPhone input that much, but the 360 camera systems is used daily.