Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've not yet installed but that's the same remote I have.

IF you could just lay the stuff on the floor and hook up to the display or another HDMI monitor, test it.

Let me know if you can change the language, Bearbu sadi it was to have English, but that is not an option, I cannot change it from the current display. I was able to go and change the color opf my car and style of car though.

IF you could just lay the stuff on the floor and hook up to the display or another HDMI monitor, test it.

Let me know if you can change the language, Bearbu sadi it was to have English, but that is not an option, I cannot change it from the current display. I was able to go and change the color opf my car and style of car though.

If you have the same version I do then it will say "Simple Chinese" and have no other options. Is that true? If so, then almost all of your characters should be in English. I see you posted pictures of "Front", "Rear" "insert card", etc.... showing on the screen. My understanding from Bearbu is that we do have the English version and there may be a few Chinese characters, but they are not significant nor impact the use of the system. He told me the supplier just didn't charge the entire user interface over. I asked Bearbu the same question a few months ago. Hope that helps.

@LowTech

That helps, wish he would have told me that. is your remote the same as mine.?
So now I hooked up the HDMI switcher, and cables to my Android. This is what I get, no idea how to go any further, because that is all that is on the screen.

\OH I see it says use EZcast, let me try that

Attachments

• 20190901_104646.jpg
    20190901_104646.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 184
Those of you that have ordered in the past few weeks, can you change the language to English.?
Mine will not allow for English, and the remote we received is not the same as the one in the manual supplied by Bearbu.

ALSO, are your 360 units getting very hot, just sitting ion the car.?

Mine seems very hot or warmer then normal.

I have the other remote.. not at home but I believe it has one extra button which basically duplicates the other button on top...

Regarding heat, yes the unit gets fairly warm.. we'll see if that ends up being a problem or not, but considering the metal case it is probably ok.

Mine also is in English although the menu option only says Simplified Chinese with no other choices... I've also found some menu options don't appear to change (such as the default front view mode) however, it does change function when you click left or right. It seems maybe the translator just use the same phrase for both modes. Lets hope the Shenzhen company comes up with some firmware updates to improve ;). I have half a mind to go meet with them directly at some point when I go to Shenzhen and see if I can offer any translation support as they have a great product that just needs a little extra improvement.

Hi Nexus99,
It would indeed be nice if you could pay a visit to the team in Shenzen and offer help to translate the remaining options.
Also would be great if we can get some new firmware updates and improvements
Some extra options/menus (such as recording screen) are also not very well documented

Regarding heat, the unit must get quite warm, especially when crammed right next to the Tesla autopilot hardware.
I drove for a couple of days with the autopilot exposed (had removed the glove compartment to do my install) and noticed that the AP was burning hot to the touch during operation.
It could explain why my 360 UI seems to partially freeze in rare occasions.
Overall, I don't think it is much of a concern but something to be aware of when driving on a very hot day... I really love this kit!

ps: The new remote looks sleeker than the white one.

Last edited:
Regarding heat, the unit must get quite warm, especially when crammed right next to the Tesla autopilot hardware.
I'm going to try install on Friday. .

I wanted to take a good look at whether this device could somehow be mounted in the front passenger leg area mounted to the top? Assuming the wires reach, it might make for easier maintenance.

But then there is the HDMI switch, and the 2 USB extenders I need to somewhat hide too - maybe they would thread into the glove box? That would be perfect as someone could not easily take the USB.

I'm going to try install on Friday. .

I wanted to take a good look at whether this device could somehow be mounted in the front passenger leg area mounted to the top? Assuming the wires reach, it might make for easier maintenance.

But then there is the HDMI switch, and the 2 USB extenders I need to somewhat hide too - maybe they would thread into the glove box? That would be perfect as someone could not easily take the USB.

You can try, but the glove compartment is really "on the way" and making relocations harder...
For me, the best place to put the HDMI and 360 units was still behind the glove compartment.
Cables were just not long enough to move the units elsewhere but I could put the blue ODB box and accessories behind central console panels. Good luck!

So I was able to get this to show English, by drilling down and selecting the option not checked under Language. Now it is clear to me.
Went in and changed to NTSC and formatted the SD card, it gave option to format USB or SD.
Set the date and time as well.

Attachments

• 20190906_090343.jpg
    20190906_090343.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Reactions: tsmithlxix
OK, so I came up to a stop light and the camera looked like it did a heads up view, I could see so much of the street traffic. Then it went back to normal down looking. Is this normal, pretty kewl.

Attachments

• up front.jpg
    up front.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 131
  • down front.jpg
    down front.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 123