Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the TF card density is limited up to 32MB, I would suggest to use an either 16MB or 32MB TF card for storage.
Not sure I understand - I also put in a 256 GB micro SD card - there appear to be recordings on it. Will this not work?

Also do I understand you can use the regular USB slot for primary video storage and the micro SD for secondary? I have an extension cable on the regular USB slot easily accessible behind the passenger outermost panel. I put a 64 GB drive in there but I don't know if its working yet.

With both an SD and a USB drive both connected, the format option asks which you want to format. I did both (256 GB SD, 64 GB USB). I don't know yet if they are recording but the SD by itself was.

From the manual:

Silent Driving Mode Silent Driving Mode is the most frequency used while driving, the recording system will continuously take the outside video and record the compressed video on the recording media such as TF card or USB disk. Note that USB disk have a higher priority over TF card.
[/Quote)

Ok, on to my next problem. Thought I'd post it here instead of privately to @BearBu so maybe it will help others.

I have an Android Galaxy s10+. I bought a phone-> HDMI cable - on my television it's plug and play. It just works with no additional software.

On this system when I plug it in I get the first screen which is frozen. It won't change, not even rotate. Obviously it won't steam. No change using the EZAccess software.

I don't know squat about HDMI - are there different standards? I know there are wireless HDMI sticks but I'd hate to just guess without knowing if something might work or not.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Ok, on to my next problem. Thought I'd post it here instead of privately to @BearBu so maybe it will help others.

I have an Android Galaxy s10+. I bought a phone-> HDMI cable - on my television it's plug and play. It just works with no additional software.

On this system when I plug it in I get the first screen which is frozen. It won't change, not even rotate. Obviously it won't steam. No change using the EZAccess software.

I don't know squat about HDMI - are there different standards? I know there are wireless HDMI sticks but I'd hate to just guess without knowing if something might work or not.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
Maybe the resolution issue. The HDMI Interface Box can only take up to 1080p60 input resolution, please adjust your HDMI source output resolution to either 720p or 1080p

So I noticed today, after setting the turn signals to activate. it showed side view of the car.
But several times it would lock up, guess that is why Tommy wants us not to use that feature.

Also, seems like it is saving video to the SD, as every say minute or so, the screen blanks and then comes back.

Thoughts?

Finally got the video to record, looks really good, shows ALL 4 cameras on one screen. The turn signals is on/off, not sure what is breaking that part, but it is kewl to see the direction your turning into more on the display.

Maybe the resolution issue. The HDMI Interface Box can only take up to 1080p60 input resolution, please adjust your HDMI source output resolution to either 720p or 1080p

The lowest resolution the Galaxy S10 is 1520x720 - that's below 1080p resolution as I understand. But I have the same problem - initial screen (which is very clear) but frozen after that. I suspect that's a non-standard res.

Maybe https://www.amazon.com/iBosi-Cheng-Wireless-Smartphones-Projector/dp/B07PNP7GTF ? It has a 1080p output and supports "Miracast" which the S10 will do. Thoughts on this device?

20190911_112919.jpg
This is what the turn signal picture looks like.

@staran

That was Bearbu's picture not mine.

Went out today and recalibrated, it looks better.
Will do it a couple more times.

Unable to get the rearview overhead display in reverse, as Bearbu shows in his video. (see a couple posts above)

This system freezes a bit when I have the turn signal view activated, understandable, They need a faster processor.