Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have the need to contact him because I
decided not to buy the product.

I did contact him thru PM for installation instructions and video..and it took weeks to response

Just based on treads on this forums for other cameras setup, it’s a real issue to get answer.

Have been notifying many times that this 360 system is suggested to be installed by professional installer. Guys planning DIY please make sure you do really know how to disassemble all the side cameras and routing all necessary wire harness to and from side mirror, it HAS to be a real hard job. We are not the installer, we are just a seller.

Btw, we have a member @David.85D that he purchased the 360 system and he might share some installation instruction later

Most of my concerns are gone, the system is awesome. The front camera is my only concern at the moment.

It has not frozen in a long time, so seems like the more calibrations, the better it works.

If your in Florida and want it, we might be able to assist to install.

Question regarding the 360 unit...
What is the biggest SDCard/USB thumbdrive or SSD
that you have successfully attached to the external USB port to record videos?
How was yours formatted? NTFS or exFat?
Was it formatted using the 360 menu or on PC?
What was the brand & size?
So far I am only able to use 32GB (Sandisk ultra/Samsung EVO)

@staran

this is what I am using, it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758NHWS8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA

I used the format option in the 360 system. It stores several days worth of video on it.

Also got this and mounted the end on top of the steering column, so I can get to the SD card

TF Micro SD To SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender For Car GPS TV 6630598847660 | eBay

TF Micro SD To SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender For Car GPS TV

• Helpful
Reactions: jlv1
Have been notifying many times that this 360 system is suggested to be installed by professional installer. Guys planning DIY please make sure you do really know how to disassemble all the side cameras and routing all necessary wire harness to and from side mirror, it HAS to be a real hard job. We are not the installer, we are just a seller.

Btw, we have a member @David.85D that he purchased the 360 system and he might share some installation instruction later

I had a little delay waiting on some unrelated warranty work - I'll be back to it this week. Very happy to have a helper or an extra pair of hands if anyone wants to participate - I am in the northern suburbs of Washington DC.

@staran

this is what I am using, it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758NHWS8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA

I used the format option in the 360 system. It stores several days worth of video on it.

Also got this and mounted the end on top of the steering column, so I can get to the SD card

TF Micro SD To SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender For Car GPS TV 6630598847660 | eBay

TF Micro SD To SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender For Car GPS TV

Thanks StarLog!

The issue I ran into was that the 360 would not recognize any of my large SDCard (>32GB) plugged into the USB port.
Here are the cards I tried:
Samsung endurance Pro 128GB (High endurance, preferred choice for dashcams)
Samsung Evo 256GB
Sandisk Ultra Plus 64GB

Unit would say "no USB storage (or no TF card) detected, Please insert USB device" and refused to reformat.

As soon as I reformatted them as FAT32 on my PC, then they worked flawlessly in the 360 unit!

ps: Same issue exists to record "TeslaCam" footage on SD Cards 32GB or bigger.
To reformat as FAT32 on PC, use the command line or a third party tool such as guiformat. See thread:
USB for dashcam exFAT vs FAT

Haven’t installed yet, but plan to start this weekend, and saw reference to updating firmware. What is the latest, and is there a repository somewhere?

My unit was shipped December 2018.

I am not aware of any official repository for newer 360 firmware versions.

Here are the versions it came with:
SW.6030.R 3.9 0 (Software)
FW.6030.R 2.1 9 (Firmware)
MW.6030.R 1.7 9 (MCU)
HW.6030.R 3.2 5 (Hardware)

Apparently, newer units shipped this year may have MW.6030.R 1.8 0
but I asked BearBu and according to the manufacturer there is no significant difference between 1.8.0 and 1.7.9.

So unless someone else has any newer version, I don't think there is any major firmware upgrade available.

ps: Additional colors are available now beside white such as: midnight silver, blue, etc...
If your only choice in the 360 menu is white, there is a download available to change the color of your car.

My unit was shipped December 2018.

I am not aware of any official repository for newer 360 firmware versions.

Here are the versions it came with:
SW.6030.R 3.9 0 (Software)
FW.6030.R 2.1 9 (Firmware)
MW.6030.R 1.7 9 (MCU)
HW.6030.R 3.2 5 (Hardware)

Apparently, newer units shipped this year may have MW.6030.R 1.8 0
but I asked BearBu and according to the manufacturer there is no significant difference between 1.8.0 and 1.7.9.

So unless someone else has any newer version, I don't think there is any major firmware upgrade available.

ps: Additional colors are available now beside white such as: midnight silver, blue, etc...
If your only choice in the 360 menu is white, there is a download available to change the color of your car.

There is no functional different between old and new software version (replied from the 360 supplier)

What angle is your front camera set to. I cannot seem to get ride of a crooked line from the front to the side merge.?

Attachments

• IMG_20190918_172238.jpg
    IMG_20190918_172238.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 96