Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What angle is your front camera set to. I cannot seem to get ride of a crooked line from the front to the side merge.?

I initially had the same problem. Although there might be several ways to address this, in my case I was able to reduce the front divergence (make all the lines parallel) by positioning the provided front calibration b/w pattern fabric closer to the car (almost flush with the nose of the car) and recalibrating.

BTW, something else I discovered... you don’t need to recalibrate all 4 sides simultaneously. You can for example fine tune front+sides or even front+Left or front+right and leave the back alone. Once the recalibration button is hit, you could even turn off the light... cameras are not used at that point to recompute the geometry...

Yes, you need the calibration sheets on the ground for fine-tuning the position of the A-H points,
but as soon as you start "merging computation" you could pack the sheets,
start driving around or turn off all the lights in your garage, that would not affect the result.
From what I can see, the cameras are not used during the lengthy merge computation step.

ok, great, still what angle is your front camera set to, I have tried 90 and 75 and 30, still not great.

I took a close up picture of my front camera mount. You can see it on page 1 of this thread. I mounted it directly to my license plate bracket that is parallel to the ground. I used no extra spacers or mounting hardware. I just mounted the camera to the flat surface of the license plate bracket. The camera appears to be pointed at roughly a 45 degree angle down but I did not measure it.

Early on my 360 picture looked similar to yours. I found that a very precise calibration solved the problem. Also making sure the mat was close to the bumper and square to the car. I actually used some sockets sticking up on the corners of the calibration mat to help me identify the exact location of the corners. This helped when matching between cameras. I am not 100% certain this is your problem, but it may help.

Attachments

• IMG_20191017_161658.jpg
    IMG_20191017_161658.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 112
@staran

That's a good idea, will try again, I ditched the 256gb SD card per Tommy's request, he said max is 32gb.
I ordered a new one and that is what is running, will do that just in case it has some bad partition bits.

It is kinda hit or miss, as it will go for a few days no problems... still this is the most awesome camera system i love it.

going further by coding additional controls in the steering wheel for moving the view around without using the handheld remote control.
What are the additional steering wheel controls? I'm only aware of holding the Menu button down to switch between Tesla cam and 360 cam. Thanks.

Also, it appears that the turn signal controls are now disabled? The option is not editable in the menus and my turn signals do not change the 360 display.

What are the additional steering wheel controls? I'm only aware of holding the Menu button down to switch between Tesla cam and 360 cam. Thanks.

Also, it appears that the turn signal controls are now disabled? The option is not editable in the menus and my turn signals do not change the 360 display.

You can use your “next song” , “last song” button to change the view, just press and hold the button for 1second.

As a data point, there has been no change to the turn signal view on my car. I also still have the option to disable it. Not sure if others are experiencing the same issue.

• Informative
Reactions: icefree