Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like this! It should definitely be standard on all Teslas!

On a 2020 Tesla you'd need the front lower camera so that you can see all front obstacles. There's a chance they will also need to either reorient the side cameras or add new ones so they can see straight down. A surround view software feature update would have to be added too. It would unify all of the images into one view from the top of the car.

Last edited:
You are welcome! I am too benefit to see the wiring issue about the upgrade from AP2 to AP3. Such an experience to me.

Since the in/out plug of rear camera feed (blue and black plug) for AP2 is on the left side, and these are all on the right side for AP2.5/AP3. Therefore, an extension cable for the blue and black rear camera feed is used to extend to fit to the right side of the AP3.

In order to plug the HDMI box to the AP3 upgraded from AP2, all you need to do is to disconnect the extension cable for the black plug (video output to MCU) and make connections between the HDMI Box. @KArnold if possible , please take a pic of the extension cable for better understanding.

Thanks

Is there a 360 camera system for model 3 or model Y?

I have also tried to contact bearbu, but without success.
The hdmi interface shows some strange behavior in my 2014 AP1 car.
When I switch on AP, the screen of the camera turns sometimes dark, and switches to camera or vice versa.
The second problem is a little harder:
From time to time the whole MCU turns dark for app. 10 seconds. Then it comes back, and it it is no reboot.
It seems that the screen lost its synchronization for some reason.
This is without using a device at the hdmi interface, or having the camera switched on.
If I disconnect the power (unplug ODB2) the problem is solved.
What is the cause?
Does this turn dark of the MCU possibly harm the MCU?

Can this record 24/7?
Or only when the car is on?
For some reason I was having issues finding answers regarding recording.

would the footage be useful in case of an accident, or is it mainly just a parking assistance View?

Last edited:
Can this record 24/7?
Or only when the car is on?
For some reason I was having issues finding answers regarding recording.

would the footage be useful in case of an accident, or is it mainly just a parking assistance View?

If you're referring to the 360 Surround view kit - no, it doesn't record (you could probably get the video signal out into something else and record it).. But, otherwise, it's mainly for your assistance.

The 360kit can record footage to a SD card but only when driving. (not 24/7)
and the resolution is not super high (also distorted as fisheye cameras are used).

The footage could still be useful in case of an accident but in my opinion not a replacement to a normal Dashcam or Tesla Cam recording.

On the 360 system, on video playback, how do you get to the recording index? I've seen it before but cannot recall how to pull up that menu. I'm on the screen with the below. Thank you.
15981049016644166875817088567019.jpg

I have finally uninstalled the camera hdmi kit. This kit is the base for the 360° camera. Since I have uninstalled it, I have no more problems with the MCU screen (turn dark from time to time). Also the AP switch on/off does not influence the MCU any longer.
Too bad, that bearbu does nit respond to support via PM.

I install BearBu 360 cameras in Florida. Also BearBu is on Holiday till Oct. 8th.

I am trying to reinstall the switcher, as I sold mine. Now that I have everything back on the floor, it will not switch.
The picture below I believe that the one cable is not needed for this to work, anyone know for sure.?

Attachments

• PXL_20201003_143939034.jpg
    PXL_20201003_143939034.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 82
I am trying to reinstall the switcher, as I sold mine. Now that I have everything back on the floor, it will not switch.
The picture below I believe that the one cable is not needed for this to work, anyone know for sure.?

Looks right - there's at least one wire there not connected to anything. If you can't figure it out I could pull my dash and take a look. I'm getting good at it - probably only 15 minutes worth of effort now. Do you hear the audibke click? If not I'd be sure you have power.

Actually went back to some old photos but they aren't real clear. I think the orange wire from the HDMI box connects to the Canbus box. And the unconnected wire is off the Canbus.

Again I'm happy to pull and take a look if you want.

I have a feeling if/when Tesla offers a 360 view it won't be this good. Nice to have this functionality today.