Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 surround view + HDMI kit testing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my camera's has quit working. Looks like a fish-eye 3-wire (red, black, yellow) lens. Anyone have an idea what I can use to replace it?

Thank you.
I'm still having trouble finding a replacement front camera that works. The OEM wire to the front camera has a red (presumably hot), black (presumably ground - verified 3.5v) and yellow. Bought a USB camera on Amazon but it has red, black (which when set to hot/ground I do get a light on the camera). But still getting no signal regardless if I connect the OEM yellow wire to the USB cam white or green.

Only OEM specs I can below:

Screenshot_20210501-193300_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Anyone have an OEM camera they aren't using? Or point me to something on Amazon that might work?

Thank you.

I have also tried to contact bearbu, but without success.
The hdmi interface shows some strange behavior in my 2014 AP1 car.
When I switch on AP, the screen of the camera turns sometimes dark, and switches to camera or vice versa.
The second problem is a little harder:
From time to time the whole MCU turns dark for app. 10 seconds. Then it comes back, and it it is no reboot.
It seems that the screen lost its synchronization for some reason.
This is without using a device at the hdmi interface, or having the camera switched on.
If I disconnect the power (unplug ODB2) the problem is solved.
What is the cause?
Does this turn dark of the MCU possibly harm the MCU?
I bought a 360 system from bearbu a year ago and just now got around to installing it. It's on a 2016 Tesla S. This not my first wiring rodeo, but I am having a problem. The HDMI trigger signal works as per instructions, However, I get no images from the Surround View Monitoring System. No response from bearbu. Does anyone have a troubleshooting system/chart?

I bought a 360 system from bearbu a year ago and just now got around to installing it. It's on a 2016 Tesla S. This not my first wiring rodeo, but I am having a problem. The HDMI trigger signal works as per instructions, However, I get no images from the Surround View Monitoring System. No response from bearbu. Does anyone have a troubleshooting system/chart?
I'm going through something similar. Maybe we can compare notes.

I've had the system for almost 2 years. Overall it worked fairly well (although my front camera failed). Mine is on a '17 MS with the Infotainment upgrade.

Just finished a 3600 mile road trip. Once on the trip, the camera screen turned all white and I could not switch back to the OEM camera. Once stopped, I rebooted using the "switch tire size" method (wait for reboot, change back). Since it's powered by the CAN connector, I believe that method interrupts that power forcing a reboot of the 360-degree system. Things went back to normal.

Almost nearly home the problem recurred. The above approach failed, I have a white screen, and cannot switch to the OEM camera.

Took it apart once I got home. I could hear the HDMI box "click" when I press/hold lower right steering wheel button - so it appeared to be switching the video source.

Realized a bit more how this works. Tesla uses cable-like connectors for MCU video. The 360 HDMI box intercepts that cable, plus it has an HDMI input. So it should be able to route the OEM cable signal, or switch and send the HDMI signal out instead. This box also has the CAN Bus connector. So it has video in, video out, HDMI in, and CAN in.

In my case, again it appeared the 360 HDMI box was attempting to switch inputs. I also have an HDMI cable where I can mirror my phone to HDMI and I plugged this into the HDMI box directly - no joy.

My conclusion is that my 360 HDMI box has failed. Also tried to get BearBu without success. I do have his phone # and we have communicated via WharsApp in the past, but no joy this time. Honestly I was hoping to find a 360-degree box on here someone wanted to get rid of.

Considering zero parts/support, not sure I'd do this again. The features I used regularly was the front bumper cam and HDMI to mirror my phone. I ended up just taking the HDMI box out of the online config so it's essentially back to OEM, but all of the parts are still there and could easily be reconnected.

What does your screen look like? Can you hear the HDMI box click? Can you go back to OEM via the steering wheel button? Try plugging a known good HDMI input directly to the HDMI box? Maybe reboot using the tire size method?

BTW, I also discovered you need at least a regular steering wheel reboot if you change ANY video settings/cables, or it's not recognized.

Kevin

I've had my 360View with HDMI in my '15 S85D for over 3 years now. Needed to replace the front cam in '20 and a mirror cam last year. Try contacting DTP International directly for kits or parts. I'm not sure of the best way to contact them (the last time I was able to contact them through eBay, I think, through contact seller) but my last interaction with them was through PayPal last year at DTP International Limited, [email protected]. Hopefully, that helps.

Do you know if Tesla can install it if you purchase the kit? For people who want the proximity sensors back on their new Model 3 / Model Y cars, it would be a plus to do this install at the same time as the proximity sensor install. I think the ultrasonic sensors would be much less affected by rain, fog and direct bright light (e.g. sunrise, and when the back of the vehicle is facing in that direction).

Do you know if Tesla can install it if you purchase the kit? For people who want the proximity sensors back on their new Model 3 / Model Y cars, it would be a plus to do this install at the same time as the proximity sensor install. I think the ultrasonic sensors would be much less affected by rain, fog and direct bright light (e.g. sunrise, and when the back of the vehicle is facing in that direction).
From my experience most manufacturers will not install custom aftermarket accessories... especially one that "tricks" the car's camera system (safety) into showing you views from aftermarket cameras. But who knows, maybe someone has a "cool" friend at the service center.