Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

360 VR video of Woodward Dream Cruise From Tesla POV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This year I took along my 360 VR Samsung camera to the cruise and recorded video for everyone interested. I took video last year but it was mounted inside the car and you could not see much other than my car. The camera mount I purchased for this purpose wasn't up to task so I've been thanking my GF for being so eager to hold it out of the sunroof for a few miles.

I have EAP/FSD(well no one has FSD really) and used it wherever I could on the drive to compare it to last year. It seems like fairly basic conditions albeit a lot of traffic. In the beginning of the drive it was doing fairly well as I expected. As things became more congested the car AP was making large turns of the wheel at low speeds. I'd engage AP when straight in the lane and within no time it'd turn 45 def - 90 deg left, then 90 def - 180 deg right and so on, constantly ping-ponging in the lane at about 5-15 mph. If someone from Tesla sees this I'd suggest pulling the data and seeing why it was so confused in stop and go traffic even though I admit it's weird traffic.

I'm also not sure if it was the massive amounts of people but there was 0 navigation connectivity. I didn't need it but if I was someone who needed my GPS or maps I'd have been SOL. They didn't load once that I saw the entire day.

Enjoy!