Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$39k Used Model 3's on Tesla Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
prices will drop 100%

a) chip shortage has significantly eased
b) high inflation leading to more Fed rate hikes meaning car loans will only get more $$$ and consumer will dial back car shopping
c) economy cooling off with Fed rate hikes
d) Ford and others are already getting price targets for their stock reduced due to expectation that 2023 will be a soft year with demand side issues
e) more competition

Ford is still having major issues with parts. There is a parking lot in Radcliff KY across from the Fort Knox Army Base that must have 1,000 new Super Duty Trucks parked. Kentucky Speedway has so many Ford Trucks that it can be seen from space

Ford is still having major issues with parts. There is a parking lot in Radcliff KY across from the Fort Knox Army Base that must have 1,000 new Super Duty Trucks parked. Kentucky Speedway has so many Ford Trucks that it can be seen from space
so supply constrained now, but could cause big price drops in the future

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Has something happened to the used car market lately that has negatively affected the value of our Model 3s? Both Vroom and Carvana have my 2021 valued in the mid $30s and a local Chevy dealer is at $39-40k. When I look at what’s for sale locally, 2020-2021 Model 3 SR+ with my mileage are in the mid to upper $40s.
Is this a joke? Someone hasn’t been reading the news.

If you’re thinking of selling, do it now. No one is getting mid to upper 40’s for an SR. In fact, Tesla was selling them last week for $39K with FSD.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Has something happened to the used car market lately that has negatively affected the value of our Model 3s?
Yes, the economy is sinking like a lead balloon and inflation is at 40 year highs. Supply chain is catching up from pandemic weirdness and wait times for new cars are dropping precipitously. You could say “something happened”. 😆

• Funny
Reactions: raptor5244
There’s no need for the snippy replies here. I get that we’re in a recession. It’s just interesting to me that the values seemed to have plummeted as quickly as they did in just a few short months and I wasn’t expecting to see this so soon. By the way I looked at the used ones on Tesla’s website and even a 2018 midrange with FSD was in the upper $40s. Not sure where you’re seeing $39K SR+.

There’s no need for the snippy replies here. I get that we’re in a recession. It’s just interesting to me that the values seemed to have plummeted as quickly as they did in just a few short months and I wasn’t expecting to see this so soon. By the way I looked at the used ones on Tesla’s website and even a 2018 midrange with FSD was in the upper $40s. Not sure where you’re seeing $39K SR+.
The cheapest one I saw was $36,400 with FSD.

Attachments

• 36665933-3A13-42C9-99C3-E1D20DEB4FC9.png
    36665933-3A13-42C9-99C3-E1D20DEB4FC9.png
    509.7 KB · Views: 76
  • F2AA4D23-F6BF-4351-92EA-0ECB5A0E6661.png
    F2AA4D23-F6BF-4351-92EA-0ECB5A0E6661.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 28430524-B249-4B12-8A56-BBB6B024B95A.jpeg
    28430524-B249-4B12-8A56-BBB6B024B95A.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 49
I get that we’re in a recession. It’s just interesting to me that the values seemed to have plummeted as quickly as they did in just a few short months
Well…clearly you don’t get it then.
Not sure where you’re seeing $39K SR+.
Tesla.com Check EV-cpo sales history if you like. They don’t stay live on the site forever. And as someone posted above, there are some examples for $36K w/FSD included

If you’re thinking of selling, do it now. No one is getting mid to upper 40’s for an SR. In fact, Tesla was selling them last week for $39K with FSD.

I'd like to sell my SR b/f my warranty expires in 6 mo.s Problem is how much prices have gone up for new.

I guess if I could get the $36,400 with FSD. Still have the warranty issue though since TSLA got rid of their great CPO warranty extension...

• Funny
Reactions: randmness
Still don’t get how my ‘21 isn’t worth more than $39-40k locally when dealers who do have them for sale are asking $45-50k for older higher mileage SR+ or even just SR. We still have a supply chain issue and a chip shortage going on. Yes I agree the Fed isn’t helping right now.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Still don’t get how my ‘21 isn’t worth more than $39-40k locally when dealers who do have them for sale are asking $45-50k for older higher mileage SR+ or even just SR. We still have a supply chain issue and a chip shortage going on. Yes I agree the Fed isn’t helping right now.

Because they paid more than they are offering now on those cars, so there is a glut of them that they need to sell at higher pricing (if they can). They wont keep perpetuating that cycle (they are in business NOT to overpay for vehicles).

Brand new model 3s (RWD) are 46,990 + destination. Used cars selling for more than that is silly (although it did happen for a fairly short period of time). They likely wont sell those cars they have now for 45-50k, so are likely going to get burned on those.