Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$39k Used Model 3's on Tesla Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone posted/commented yet on the huge influx of cheap Model 3's on Tesla's site right now? Am I to assume these are all recently completed 3-year leases now for sale? Sure, the mileage is low on these but my gosh, these deals seem pretty incredible to me. There are dozens in the $39-43k range.

1665270747272.png

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Has anyone posted/commented yet on the huge influx of cheap Model 3's on Tesla's site right now? Am I to assume these are all recently completed 3-year leases now for sale? Sure, the mileage is low on these but my gosh, these deals seem pretty incredible to me. There are dozens in the $39-43k range.

View attachment 861593

Like the other two posters in this thread, I personally would not consider a vehicle with no factory warranty left on it at all, and almost 60k miles on it in 2-3 years being sold for 6-7k discount over brand new right now (and maybe 2-3k difference from when it was brand new) "an incredible deal".

One big difference is that they have added FSD to all these cars. I wonder if you could get them to take it off and reduce the price by $15K?

Tesla has not removed FSD from used cars in the past, at user request, so the answer to that would be no. They have done it for new ones (cars being sold as new, titled as such), but not used ones.

Reactions: IndyGopher
I knew Tesla had raised their prices but I hadn’t really paid attention since I have my car and I’m not looking to buy another right now, but holy crap! $63k for an a white all wheel drive before EAP or FSD! No wonder people are saying $40k is a steal for a car with 60k on the odometer. But yeah - I agree With the other posters - that’s too high.

There are other posters talking about a glut of used Tesla’s; with interest rates rising the economy changing I suspect prices will be coming down soon.

I knew Tesla had raised their prices but I hadn’t really paid attention since I have my car and I’m not looking to buy another right now, but holy crap! $63k for an a white all wheel drive before EAP or FSD! No wonder people are saying $40k is a steal for a car with 60k on the odometer. But yeah - I agree With the other posters - that’s too high.

There are other posters talking about a glut of used Tesla’s; with interest rates rising the economy changing I suspect prices will be coming down soon.
$63k is for performance model, LR was $55k but now they don’t sell it until next year

One big difference is that they have added FSD to all these cars. I wonder if you could get them to take it off and reduce the price by $15K?

They value FSD at closer to $3-5k on used cars. You can't directly measure this, but anecdotally looking at prices on cars that are similar except for FSD it's clearly a lot less than $15k. Imagine a 3 year old SR+ for $25k, they'd sell instantly!

Also people have seen that they value it similarly on trade-ins.

They value FSD at closer to $3-5k on used cars. You can't directly measure this, but anecdotally looking at prices on cars that are similar except for FSD it's clearly a lot less than $15k. Imagine a 3 year old SR+ for $25k, they'd sell instantly!

Ha! You clearly have not seen all the fanbois that claim FSD gets 100% of its purchase price back on the secondary market.

$3-5K sounds very accurate.

Ironically, pre-pandemic used Tesla M3 SR+s were only worth $25-30k on trade-in and they were only a little over a year old. However, we were buying them for around $40k minus the $3,750 tax credit.

View attachment 861593

As an 2019 SR+ owner who paid $36,250 brand new it is nice to see that value but I would not consider it cheap. You could buy yourself a brand new Lexus IS for $40k instead of a 3 year old car with 57k miles.

As an 2019 SR+ owner who paid $36,250 brand new it is nice to see that value but I would not consider it cheap. You could buy yourself a brand new Lexus IS for $40k instead of a 3 year old car with 57k miles.
You aren't going to find an new IS sitting at a dealership for 40K. Definitely not saying that 39K is a deal on a standard range with 50 on the clock though. Chances are that this is an off lease car. I assume most used inventory for Tesla are off lease cars as most of their client base is going to be trading in older ICE cars. Model S owners are the only ones who have reached an "average length of ownership" on a car in America of somewhere between 6-8 years, depending on where you get the numbers.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
You aren't going to find an new IS sitting at a dealership for 40K. Definitely not saying that 39K is a deal on a standard range with 50 on the clock though. Chances are that this is an off lease car. I assume most used inventory for Tesla are off lease cars as most of their client base is going to be trading in older ICE cars. Model S owners are the only ones who have reached an "average length of ownership" on a car in America of somewhere between 6-8 years, depending on where you get the numbers.

It depends on the dealer. I just bought a CT4V Blackwing sitting on a lot for MSRP. Not all dealers are price gouging. Some dealers are ok selling at MSRP and willing to gain a repeat customer.

We are also heading into a declining economic market and more and more EV competition is hitting the market. A car is obviously worth what someone is willing to pay for it but as long as folks continue to pay these ADMs and crazy used prices the longer dealers will continue to charge for it. If you actually need the car it is one thing but to just blindly overpay is another. That said, at least when you overpay for a Tesla sold car Tesla gets the profit vs. some dealer who adds little to no value in the transaction.