Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$39k Used Model 3's on Tesla Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the initial factory warranty has expired before your purchase (due to time or mileage) my understating is that you’ll get 1 year and 10k miles from your purchase date. Newer cars with lower miles will get you more warranty but you’ll at least get that minimum coverage with a used Tesla.

yeah they used to do flat 4 yr extensions, still better than nothing and 1 year should be enough for big defects..

Prices seemed to have increased. For about 2 days, there were SR+ for around 29-32k without FSD on the website.

LR AWD were available 36-39K with FSD.

Now, SR+ are around 40-43K and LR are around 45-48k
Something isn't right. I see a 2019 white on black with 19" Sport Wheels and 19,718 miles on it for $46,000. The same car new is $48,490

Likely opening myself up to some criticism here but using myself as a case study so I can learn for the future.

I just posed my M3 SR+ yesterday for $43k (28k miles, no FSD, 19” wheels). After looking at dealer prices and no 1:1 used inventory on teslas site, I felt pretty confident I posted it for a fair price. But after reading this thread I’m not so sure haha.

Are there any trustworthy sites that keep historical sale prices of privately sold Tesla’s out there?

Reactions: rotarypower101
Yeah honestly car prices are not what they used to be. There is a huge gap between what dealers are paying at auction and what they are pricing at since they do not want to take losses for inventory.

I recommend eBay and cars and bids to see what people are actually willing to pay for a car. To put this in perspective, a used 2021 SR+ bid for 33.3K on cars and bids today.

With EV tax credits coming, a SR+ will be right under 40K and Tesla may drop prices even more than that. Selling for 43K may not be possible like it was in November 2021 (peak of Tesla prices). Many sellers are thinking trying to sell at what prices were and not what they are now.

If you do not want to sell at such a low price, keep the car since it is a great one and just take the depreciation. It is not true depreciation if you run it to the ground haha

Yeah honestly car prices are not what they used to be. There is a huge gap between what dealers are paying at auction and what they are pricing at since they do not want to take losses for inventory.

I recommend eBay and cars and bids to see what people are actually willing to pay for a car. To put this in perspective, a used 2021 SR+ bid for 33.3K on cars and bids today.

With EV tax credits coming, a SR+ will be right under 40K and Tesla may drop prices even more than that. Selling for 43K may not be possible like it was in November 2021 (peak of Tesla prices). Many sellers are thinking trying to sell at what prices were and not what they are now.

If you do not want to sell at such a low price, keep the car since it is a great one and just take the depreciation. It is not true depreciation if you run it to the ground haha
Thanks, I had never heard of cars and bids before! I’ll definitely look into it.

Yea I was torn on keeping it. I love my M3 but need more cabin space because my family is growing. Crazy how prices have swung in the last 12 mo. I want to sell it for a fair price so hoping I get some counteroffers haha.

Thanks, I had never heard of cars and bids before! I’ll definitely look into it.

Yea I was torn on keeping it. I love my M3 but need more cabin space because my family is growing. Crazy how prices have swung in the last 12 mo. I want to sell it for a fair price so hoping I get some counteroffers haha.
Just wait for EV tax credit and that MY should like 59K

Should help with lower price of car

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Will that likely further depress the used EV car market more if the base price on new vehicles is held to those lower price points to meet IRA, and then potential tax credit on top of that do people think?
In other countries, especially China, Tesla has adjusted prices to ensure vehicles meet price thresholds to allow customers to qualify for tax credits.

So I expect the price for the LR AWD Model 3 be be adjusted to qualify for the 2023 tax credit, so less than $55K, probably $53K for standard color(s).

Sold my 2020 M3 SR+ 20,800 miles to a local Chevy dealer 11/3/2022 for $39000 (Omaha NE metro area). It’s now listed by that dealer at $42450.

Carvana/CarMax offers in the week or so prior were about 30-32k, Tesla offered trade in 25-28k. Just 8-9 weeks ago Carvana/CarMax were 45-46k. I would have sold then if I knew my MY would be early November instead of the original Dec22-Apr23 EDD.

I just took delivery of a 2023 MYLR Austin PA026xxx so I was happy to get a reasonable amount for the 3 given current conditions.

Trying to gauge this offer for my '18 Dual Motor Model 3:
  • ~$41K
  • Black Ext/White Int
  • 35,000 miles
  • EAP included
  • No accidents / clean record
  • Single owner
  • Aftermarket mods include frontal PPF, tint, chrome delete, wheels/rims (original specs)

What do you guys think?

Trying to gauge this offer for my '18 Dual Motor Model 3:
  • ~$41K
  • Black Ext/White Int
  • 35,000 miles
  • EAP included
  • No accidents / clean record
  • Single owner
  • Aftermarket mods include frontal PPF, tint, chrome delete, wheels/rims (original specs)

What do you guys think?
Seems like it a reasonable market price Based on some combination of Craigs and KBB pricing. The days of getting 50K for this type of car (days meaning June 2022) are sadly over. the demand PREMIUM seems to be totally deflated. IF you are looking to sell to buy something else, I think you’re best doing it NOW and not waiting. What is your lowest number you WANT?? Is it 39.5, 38.5, 40K? Make sure to have that in mind, try and drive a buyer to immediacy bias, but be ready to take the number you are comfortable if not elated with, because I see more used car price destruction happening fast and furious. (Pun intended)

Reactions: raptor5244
Seems like it a reasonable market price Based on some combination of Craigs and KBB pricing. The days of getting 50K for this type of car (days meaning June 2022) are sadly over. the demand PREMIUM seems to be totally deflated. IF you are looking to sell to buy something else, I think you’re best doing it NOW and not waiting. What is your lowest number you WANT?? Is it 39.5, 38.5, 40K? Make sure to have that in mind, try and drive a buyer to immediacy bias, but be ready to take the number you are comfortable if not elated with, because I see more used car price destruction happening fast and furious. (Pun intended)

it's amazing how quick the market went into reverse! Shouldn't have waited for tax credit :( I might buy a used PHEV instead...

Reactions: raptor5244