Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D 360 around view system (HDMI interface)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello BearBu,
Finally finished installation of 360 Surround. Had to add HDMI to get Surround images. Works, but remote does nothing so I cannot calibrate. Remote battery is good (insulation strip removed). Tried aiming it at all sides of all components - nothing.
Ideas?
Thank you for any help.

I had a similar problem when I first installed. The remote is finicky. Put the car in park and leave the car for 5 minutes (not sure this step is necessary, BTW, but I did it). Push the menu button on the remote pointing at the IR receiver - WAIT A GOOD 30 SECONDS before doing anything else. If you press a button, quickly press another, it was "hanging" on me. It does not respond quickly. I've learned not to press 2 buttons within 30 seconds - like those occasions like "was I pointing it correctly?". Just wait, regardless.

Worked for me anyway.

I had a similar problem when I first installed. The remote is finicky. Put the car in park and leave the car for 5 minutes (not sure this step is necessary, BTW, but I did it). Push the menu button on the remote pointing at the IR receiver - WAIT A GOOD 30 SECONDS before doing anything else. If you press a button, quickly press another, it was "hanging" on me. It does not respond quickly. I've learned not to press 2 buttons within 30 seconds - like those occasions like "was I pointing it correctly?". Just wait, regardless.

Worked for me anyway.
I really appreciate your response. Tried your suggestions, checked the IR receiver wiring, but still got no response.

So the $280 HDMI box interfaces with the car and the $370 360° system interfaces with the $280 HDMI box.

You might want to edit to clear this up. The description of what's included with the $370 system implies that the necessary HDMI adapter or "Interface box," is included.

Call this "HDMI box" something else, or have in big bold letters that the full $650 bundle is needed if you don't already have the $280 HDMI box.

Just a friendly suggestion :)

Attachments

• HDMI.jpg
    HDMI.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Reactions: m5james
So the $280 HDMI box interfaces with the car and the $370 360° system interfaces with the $280 HDMI box.

You might want to edit to clear this up. The description of what's included with the $370 system implies that the necessary HDMI adapter or "Interface box," is included.

Call this "HDMI box" something else, or have in big bold letters that the full $650 bundle is needed if you don't already have the $280 HDMI box.

Just a friendly suggestion :)
Thank you so much for your suggestion. Our site is just newly launched, there are many things needed to be updated. We will make it better from time to time

Thanks

A remote control is overkill and will get lost by many, not to mention who wants to grab a remote when they're backing up to see something? Can the view be changed by dragging a finger on the screen to move the image around instead? That would be like other 360° systems and makes WAY more sense.

Also, safe to assume this works on MCU1 and MCU2 vehicles? The ONLY reason I refuse to "upgrade" to MCU2 is because $2250+tax is absurd for a slightly faster screen when I'd rather bypass it 100% like in my X5M's $500 AVIN stereo where I can easily switch back and forth between from the stock iDrive to a full Android OS by simply touching the screen. Is there a way to make this takeover the entire screen instead?

Reactions: gillmj24
A remote control is overkill and will get lost by many, not to mention who wants to grab a remote when they're backing up to see something? Can the view be changed by dragging a finger on the screen to move the image around instead? That would be like other 360° systems and makes WAY more sense.

Also, safe to assume this works on MCU1 and MCU2 vehicles? The ONLY reason I refuse to "upgrade" to MCU2 is because $2250+tax is absurd for a slightly faster screen when I'd rather bypass it 100% like in my X5M's $500 AVIN stereo where I can easily switch back and forth between from the stock iDrive to a full Android OS by simply touching the screen. Is there a way to make this takeover the entire screen instead?
You don't literally need the remote to switch for the 360view. You just need to press and hold the menu button on the steering wheel and you can switch between the stock camera channel and HDMI channel

The HDMI Interface works on MCU2 and HW3.0 for Model S/X upto year 2021 of made (non-horizontal panel model)

Fair enough, but that still didn't answer my question. Can the camera views be moved around using a finger on the screen or will they only move around via the remote control?

So no MCU1, that's disappointing. An HDMI interface to bypass MCU1 is the only thing preventing me from paying for MCU2, which I'd rather not have to do get MCU2 considering how little we get in return....faster screen reaction time and GPS calculations isn't worth $2k to me.

Fair enough, but that still didn't answer my question. Can the camera views be moved around using a finger on the screen or will they only move around via the remote control?

So no MCU1, that's disappointing. An HDMI interface to bypass MCU1 is the only thing preventing me from paying for MCU2, which I'd rather not have to do get MCU2 considering how little we get in return....faster screen reaction time and GPS calculations isn't worth $2k to me.
Sorry, was misleading.

It works on MCU1,2. AP0-AP3. It only doesn't work with the horizontal panel version (new version) 2021 made onward

You need to use the remote to make the car moving around. We didn't crack the touch panel communication.

The car logo will also move when the left / right turn signal is triggered

Reactions: m5james