Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D 360 around view system (HDMI interface)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have been sourcing the 3D 360 aroundview system with HDMI output to work with our HDMI Interface box.

This 3D 360 aroundview system has the HDMI output and we have added the 3D Car skin of Model S and Model X.

Below is the video link showing the 360 system show on the touchscreen (MCU)

PS: This is a 3rd stand-alone 360 system with 4 720p HD camera, the AP2 built-in camera can not stitch a 360 around view

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles
Help me understand exactly what is being developed here: 4 new cameras are to be installed on the car, (front, back, and both sides) and once those are patched into the HDMI interface I see the exterior of the car in both views explained above?

1) So If my wife were pulling up next to the right curb she would turn on the camera and see the birds eye view, the image on the left, just like she had on her Infiniti which would show the distance from the curb? If that is the case sign me up!

2) I am not sure how the exterior could be shown on the image to the right as the views are not from the car, but from a distance looking at the car... ?

3) The front camera will have a fish eye option as well? (like the OEM rear camera now)

4) Will the system can be accessed using an existing Tesla button, like a steering wheel button, instead of some auxiliary switch?

5) Does the rear camera replace the existing one? or is mounted in addition to the existing one?

6) If answering these questions takes time from you to physically mounting the cameras and showing the results which makes the answers to numbers 1,2 and 3 redundant then don't answer and get busy!

Help me understand exactly what is being developed here: 4 new cameras are to be installed on the car, (front, back, and both sides) and once those are patched into the HDMI interface I see the exterior of the car in both views explained above?

1) So If my wife were pulling up next to the right curb she would turn on the camera and see the birds eye view, the image on the left, just like she had on her Infiniti which would show the distance from the curb? If that is the case sign me up!

2) I am not sure how the exterior could be shown on the image to the right as the views are not from the car, but from a distance looking at the car... ?

3) The front camera will have a fish eye option as well? (like the OEM rear camera now)

4) Will the system can be accessed using an existing Tesla button, like a steering wheel button, instead of some auxiliary switch?

5) Does the rear camera replace the existing one? or is mounted in addition to the existing one?

6) If answering these questions takes time from you to physically mounting the cameras and showing the results which makes the answers to numbers 1,2 and 3 redundant then don't answer and get busy!

Hope the above video link would answer your question 1-3 , btw, the front cam will have a fish-eye option.

4) The 360 system will override the original rear-camera channel, but, there is a button on the steering wheel "menu button" that could trigger the switching function between the 360 system and original rear-camera. it is for the case that the 360 system needs 10-12s to start-up when the car is switched on.

5) Have to install totally 4 cameras (front, left, right, rear) on top on the original car setting.

btw, we are working on some conditions / exceptions to make the operation of the 360 system to be more user-friendly.

Welcome for any questions

Looks good. You can clearly see the curb and a tall cone from the front camera that is not visible from the drivers position.

I noticed when the camera switched from the two views to the front view only at 1:10 the view became less distorted; the curb and concrete support were less curved; why is that? is it possible to have the non-curved view only?

I don't see the point of having the wheels turning, that is a little goofy as the vehicle is stopped.

I don't see the point of having the car lights flash at 2,4,7 and 10 o'clock positions.

Also didn't realize this at my first post but I am wondering how the side cameras could be retrofitted on my AP1; maybe at the front fender or must this system use the B pillar cameras? Or could AP1 owners just purchase and use just front and back cameras only?
IMG_20171124_101102.jpg

You will get this question so I will ask: any idea on the total cost?

OMG that is an AP1 car! Awesome!

Please confirm: you mounted the side cameras on the bottoms of the side mirrors?

edit: answer above regarding needing new rear camera, but a better shot of the mounting would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: beachmiles
Anyone in the US having installed it? I am interested in buying it, since it looks perfect, but would like to know someone in the US who has installed it - how difficult it was to do. Thanks!
(I would installing in a 2018 Model X, but I think Model S / X is not a big difference)