Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D MAXPIDER 2nd Row Seatback Protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have the 3D MAXPIDER 2nd Row Seatback Protector that was recently released? There isn't much information on how it adheres to the back seats and so I was wondering if anyone has them.. I have a whole set all around for my car and it looks like this came out and I was thinking if getting it to complete my set but am curious on how it looks and stays on prior to purchasing it. Do these stay up when the seats are up @3DMatsUSA?
F198972529.jpg

tesla-model-y-seatback-mat-3d-maxpider_1800x1350.jpg

I have this. Received it in error when I ordered the trunk mat but I'll try it out. Just haven't figured exactly how it fits. The flexible portion at the bottom I am guessing spans across the front floorboard to the bottom of the seat, but it folds up a bit awkwardly when the seats are upright. There is velcro in the corners so it yanks the carpet in different directions every time you fold the seats up and down.

Reactions: Undisclosed
I have this. Received it in error when I ordered the trunk mat but I'll try it out. Just haven't figured exactly how it fits. The flexible portion at the bottom I am guessing spans across the front floorboard to the bottom of the seat, but it folds up a bit awkwardly when the seats are upright. There is velcro in the corners so it yanks the carpet in different directions every time you fold the seats up and down.

Interesting, does it look anything like in the pictures or is it different, I would definitely want to get this but if it doesn’t work well I may go with another brand..

Interesting, does it look anything like in the pictures or is it different, I would definitely want to get this but if it doesn’t work well I may go with another brand..
It looks like those pictures, except those holes are not precut. The backing is like how the floormats are with mild hooks but they don't really catch strongly, so there are small strips of velcro in the corners of each piece to hold them in place. I'll try to fiddle with it this weekend.

I messed around with it more and can’t seem to find a good hassle-free position. I think the back edge should line up with the bottom edge of the back of the seat, by seeing where the bumps line up with the childseat latches. It does not stretch across to the trunk floor like I said earlier. However, when you flip the seat up from horizontal to vertical, that edge catches the edge of the adjacent front floorboard in the trunk and folds up. So it works, but every time flipping up the seat you need to nudge that edge to get it to swing down into the gap along with the seat back, if that make sense.

Another issue is there are no holes precut for the childseat latches, the center seat release button, and the bar pass-through when the center seat is unlatched from the left seat. You would need to make these cuts yourself.

06EF1A4D-3A82-42BA-9E5C-60AC3B6E640B.jpeg
@Undisclosed @ryexj
I finally got it mounted properly with the bottom edge about a quarter inch from the fabric fold behind the seats. There is no more interference when flipping the seats up and down, except that the outside corners get slightly folded as you can see in the photo. Still has limitations of blocking the child seat anchors and middle seat release latch as mentioned above.

Reactions: e645824
OP, thanks for posting the question. I hadn't heard of these.

I've had the Maxpider floor mats in both MY's since new in 2020 and love them. I've wanted something to protect the carpet on the back of the seats when I throw my bikes in the back.

I ordered two sets from Autoanything. They had a 10% coupon.

OP, thanks for posting the question. I hadn't heard of these.

I've had the Maxpider floor mats in both MY's since new in 2020 and love them. I've wanted something to protect the carpet on the back of the seats when I throw my bikes in the back.

I ordered two sets from Autoanything. They had a 10% coupon.

Yeah I ordered it as well with the 10% + 5% extra deal they had and it's taking forever to ship even though they state that it was in stock, oh well.

Seems like the middle section will not be able to release separately (ie both right and left seat upright, middle down) because there is a pin that connects the middle with the right rear seat. I made my own set a while back and cut a notch to accomplish this. Try to release the middle section and you will see what I mean. I guess one can do the same with these Maxspider mats (which I have throughout my car).

The middle section down is Great for a set of skis.

Autoanything website always shows in stock but they actually have no idea of knowing whether it is or not, because they just drop ship the manufacturer (it ships from Maxpider). It’s trick just to get your orders. I got several backorder notices with changing dates then all of a sudden it just shipped.

Autoanything website always shows in stock but they actually have no idea of knowing whether it is or not, because they just drop ship the manufacturer (it ships from Maxpider). It’s trick just to get your orders. I got several backorder notices with changing dates then all of a sudden it just shipped.

Usually they shipped pretty fast but for this one they are taking forever even though the vendor says it is in stock hope it ships soon…