Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu mat for Refresh MS - need volunteer for scanning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
A number of owners on TMC have bought and love their 3D Maxpider Kagu mats for their car, we're among that group. Great lightweight mats with a kind of carbon fiber texture to them and waterproof. As you may know the mat for the second row of a Model S on the Refreshed car isn't a perfect fit due to the changes Tesla made with the center console and seat tracks. Websites selling the Kagu for the Model S only list it fitting a 2016 version (non-refreshed). I've been in contact with the company that manufacturers them and they would love to scan a refreshed model to be able to give owners a great fit.

The company is located in Fontana, Calif. They would like to find someone close to Fontana as they can come to you for the scanning, so if you're at work for example you don't have to take time off for this. Unfortunately we are in the SF Bay area or I would have taken our car to them.

If you can help out with the scanning of your car, please post and I'll provide you contact info. BTW if you are in line to buy the Model 3, we already have TMC volunteers who got delivery of their cars and stepped up for scanning which hopefully that will happen this week or next. I was told a scan of the Model 3's interior floor space would take 2-3 hours. The front mats in our Model S fit perfectly even with the elimination of the dead pedal, so I imagine the time for a Refreshed Model S would be less.

A number of owners on TMC have bought and love their 3D Maxpider Kagu mats for their car, we're among that group. Great lightweight mats with a kind of carbon fiber texture to them and waterproof. As you may know the mat for the second row of a Model S on the Refreshed car isn't a perfect fit due to the changes Tesla made with the center console and seat tracks. Websites selling the Kagu for the Model S only list it fitting a 2016 version (non-refreshed). I've been in contact with the company that manufacturers them and they would love to scan a refreshed model to be able to give owners a great fit.

The company is located in Fontana, Calif. They would like to find someone close to Fontana as they can come to you for the scanning, so if you're at work for example you don't have to take time off for this. Unfortunately we are in the SF Bay area or I would have taken our car to them.

If you can help out with the scanning of your car, please post and I'll provide you contact info. BTW if you are in line to buy the Model 3, we already have TMC volunteers who got delivery of their cars and stepped up for scanning which hopefully that will happen this week or next. I was told a scan of the Model 3's interior floor space would take 2-3 hours. The front mats in our Model S fit perfectly even with the elimination of the dead pedal, so I imagine the time for a Refreshed Model S would be less.

Do you know if they plan on doing a cargo liner/mat for the Model S? It would be great to get one that is the same as my kagu floor mats.

Damn, this has got me worried now. Did not see this topic before I ordered the mats. I'm expecting my 2018 Model S in early February, and ordered these from ebay, allready shipped:
Fits: Tesla Model S 2012-2017 KAGU U-ACE 3D Front and Rear Floor Liners | eBay

Does this mean I will have issues in fitting them?

Rear will have a bulge in the center that's not really noticeable at first glance. The front driver should be ok. The front passenger may not fit as well, but should still work.

Customer Review

Why ebay? Amazon's price is better @ $237.38
https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-Complete-Custom-All-Weather/dp/B01DTBGCOY/

Last edited:
Reactions: Maniac
Oh I see, I guess I could live with that :)

I ordered from ebay beacuse I live in Norway, and shipping was 3-4 times cheaper. Amazon had a shipping fee that was more than the mats them selfes :) around 240$

I am in San Clemente, I may be able to help. 2017 Model S 75

Reactions: SMAlset
We have a Dec 2016 Model S and they fit fine. I was afraid I might have to trim a little around the rear console but it fit perfect. There is a almost imperceptible "transmission type hump" in the passenger footwell. If I had not heard about it beforehand I doubt I would have noticed it. Sorry for mentioning it.

I just sent an email off to them regarding both the Model S refresh as well as the Model 3. The guy I need to hear from is out doing scans today so hope he'll get back to me soon. And I did ask again about the Frunk and Cargo areas as well.

Bought these for my 2017 S and fronts fit perfect. Rear has minor hump as mentioned, am wondering if I trim a little around the console if that will perfect the fit.

Bought fronts for my 2017 X as well. Also interested in 6 Seater w. Center Console rear.

Any way we can get these for MX 6 Seater w. Center Console?

.....Bought fronts for my 2017 X as well. Also interested in 6 Seater w. Center Console rear.

For the X owners, there is a thread for 3D Maxpider Kagu mats under the Model X forum: 3D MAXpider Kagu mats -- Mfgr looking for Refresh 2017 Model X to scan . I know Autoanything.com currently has the 2017 Tesla Model X mats, all 3 rows for the 6 seater without Center Console. I'll email them Monday to see if they have done the scans for the 6 seater with Center Console and will post under the Model X forum when I hear back. If not I'm sure they would like to find someone in the Fontana, Calif area willing to have their vehicle scanned.

Reactions: NewTMSMan