Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine came in today from autoanything. They are pretty nice mats but not quite as sturdy as I had imagined they would be.

It also seems like my rear mat may have been cut incorrectly. Does anyone else’s overlap the seat rail? The drivers side doesn’t look the same.

90C44FC6-7D40-4CE9-BAEF-FD5E9C464197.jpeg

Mine came in today from autoanything. They are pretty nice mats but not quite as sturdy as I had imagined they would be.

It also seems like my rear mat may have been cut incorrectly. Does anyone else’s overlap the seat rail? The drivers side doesn’t look the same.

View attachment 332569
I don't have my 3 yet, but my mats have the same setup in that area.

Looking at someone elses pictures, it looks like that should line up behind rail: https://i.imgur.com/QKBRtBv.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/yTFRAGi.jpg . When did you get your car? Maybe something has changed in the rail? Or are you sure it was fully seated to the back?

My mats arrived from Parts Catalog, and they look great. I test-fitted them in my neighbor's RWD 3, and the rear mat still has that subtle offset issue that others have reported. I don't understand why that happened, nor why it can't easily be fixed... but it isn't anywhere near a show-stopper for me. The mats look great.

Really, all I need now is the car.

Attachments

• 180905.022.JPG
    180905.022.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Funny
Reactions: Muskol
My mats arrived from Parts Catalog, and they look great. I test-fitted them in my neighbor's RWD 3, and the rear mat still has that subtle offset issue that others have reported. I don't understand why that happened, nor why it can't easily be fixed... but it isn't anywhere near a show-stopper for me. The mats look great.

Nice, looks like you are more than ready.

Interesting ... shouldn't be too hard to figure out when the mats started going out of sync.

When was your neighbor's car manufactured?

Hello all. I’m looking for some winter weather mats for my (as yet to be delivered) Model 3 and think I’m down to the Maxpider or the Evannex. Based on some video reviews the biggest drawbacks associated with the Maxpiders seem to be the weird scratchy noise they make, and the slight bulge in the center of the rear mat (that may or may not go away with time). Any opinions on either of these issues from those of you who are using the mats in your car?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Has anyone heard when Weather Tech will have M3 liners available? I'm not sure that the Maxspider is really going to be able to handle the nasty Chicago winter...

Based on what I’ve read elsewhere Weathertech is in development and hopes to release Model 3 floormats “soon” whatever that means. Also many people suggest (and I believe they are right) that the Tesla branded mats available at Tesla.com are actually private label Weathertechs. Like you, I’m not so sure I want the Maxpiders, although for what is available now they seem to be the best bet. If Weathertechs were available now I would likely order them.

I don't have my 3 yet, but my mats have the same setup in that area.

Looking at someone elses pictures, it looks like that should line up behind rail: https://i.imgur.com/QKBRtBv.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/yTFRAGi.jpg . When did you get your car? Maybe something has changed in the rail? Or are you sure it was fully seated to the back?

It's possible that they were a bit warped coming out of the box. I haven't had a chance to try adjusting or flattening them some more. It does line up properly on the drivers side. May build date on the car.

Love my Maxpider Kagu mats - had them since July on Model 3. Fit very well and the texture looks great, especially when the under-dash lights are on. The mats look integrated with the car and don't stand out as some kind of add-on.

I clipped the over-sized metal logos off and filled the tiny holes from the back with Permatex black silicone sealer. There is still a recess (indent) from the compression of the logo, but I don't notice it and none of my passengers have noticed.

Love my Maxpider Kagu mats - had them since July on Model 3. Fit very well and the texture looks great, especially when the under-dash lights are on. The mats look integrated with the car and don't stand out as some kind of add-on.

I clipped the over-sized metal logos off and filled the tiny holes from the back with Permatex black silicone sealer. There is still a recess (indent) from the compression of the logo, but I don't notice it and none of my passengers have noticed.

Ooooo. Pictures please